News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight Q

Started by xs29bb1, November 15, 2014, 12:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29bb1

Took the car out tonight and on the way out lights were good.  Way back, started her up, turned on the lights and the driver's side was out.  Both headlamp and hood mounted light when set to parking lights.  I believe the hood mounted light worked as a turn signal if I recall, but not 100% sure - I'd have to check again.

When I tried the high beams, the inner light was good and the headlamp light was on, but dim.  The side marker light is working.

Any help greatly appreciated......   :cheers:

myk

moparnation74

Quote from: myk on November 15, 2014, 05:10:23 AM
Grounds?
:iagree:
Yes, it is only for a turn signal on the hood.  If that lights up at all when you turn on the headlight switch.  It is a ground issue.

xs29bb1

Quote from: moparnation74 on November 15, 2014, 07:22:46 AM
Quote from: myk on November 15, 2014, 05:10:23 AM
Grounds?
:iagree:
Yes, it is only for a turn signal on the hood.  If that lights up at all when you turn on the headlight switch.  It is a ground issue.

The hood light does not light up when the headlight switch is on.  The headlamp and hood light are both out.  Only when high beams are on does the headlight come on, but it is dim.

What should I check first??

JamieZ

Are you sure the headlight doesn't just have a burned out filament?  High and Low beams are different filaments, both should be lit when High beams are on, only 1 when low beams are on. 

xs29bb1

Quote from: JamieZ on November 15, 2014, 11:01:59 AM
Are you sure the headlight doesn't just have a burned out filament?  High and Low beams are different filaments, both should be lit when High beams are on, only 1 when low beams are on. 

Could be I guess - but since hood mounted light is also out (unless it's used for the flasher - then it works)  I figured it's too much of a coincidence to be the filament.  Is it odd that the hood mounted light works as a flasher, but not as a parking light?

JamieZ

Hood lights are just turn signals, not a parking lights

moparnation74

If it works as a parking light then you have a grounding problem somewhere. 

xs29bb1

OK thanks guys -

I've never used the parking lights before so I wasn't sure if they were supposed to go on or not, and I found it odd that one went on and one didn't.

If the filament is bad on the headlamp, could that affect the grounding and cause the issue w/ the hood lamp going on?  Trying to figure out if I should swap the headlamp.

Thx.