News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tire cleaner

Started by Bowers, October 23, 2014, 07:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowers

Looking for a good foaming tire cleaner for my vector rims. What are you guys using?

bill440rt

Aren't the high spots on those wheels bare machined aluminum? You'll want to use something gentle. Some wheel cleaners may etch the aluminum.
Try this, with a wheel cleaning brush or pad:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/wheel+cleaner+35+ounces.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

Also comes in gallons.
Gentle enough not to damage wheels, strong enough to remove brake dust, etc.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Bowers

Thanks
Yes they are bare in certain spots. Just checking before I do something stupid. lol

c00nhunterjoe

Soapy water and a tag.  :Twocents:

Ghoste

Is it just road grime on them or brake dust?

Stegs

I buy rim and tire cleaner from a local commercial detail shop, safe for all rims and it works well..

Im a amateur car detailer and I ask around to see what people use, and what I found to work the best is

1. spray rim/tire cleaner on your tires, let sit for a few minutes

2. dish soap!! I use cheap dish soap and hot water to scrub the wheels that have tire cleaner on them! and it works fantastic. dish soap is tough on grease but gentle enough not to hurt the rims!

and it leaves your tires with a semi-gloss shine!!