News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now I went and did it

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, November 09, 2014, 10:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightywing7

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 10, 2014, 07:50:24 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 10, 2014, 04:29:13 AM
Thanks for the input, but the interior in this car is very nice, so whatever color I choose, the black interior stays.

That makes it easy then....GOLD.  Keep it all original.

I agree.....keep it GOLD.   :2thumbs:

However, I may be a bit biased in my recommendation......   :icon_smile_cool:

1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

73rallye440magnum

WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

v21hemicharger

Was it this color gold? 

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TUFCAT

Mytur Binsdirti

myk

Hugger blue dude.  Hugger blue...

bill440rt

Kudos for tackling another one, Mark. You're a brave dude.  :2thumbs:

I'm liking the original gold as well, but perhaps one of the best looking '68's I ever saw was a turquoise & white top/interior/stripe combo that was gorgeous.  :drool5:   But, leaving the interior black would have less  :drool5: effect.   :lol:

Your call, but whatever you choose I'm sure it will be  :drool5: :drool5:  just like all your other stuff.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

I'd go with a more modern color.

rt green

third string oil changer

don duick

Mytur Binsdirti

Well, all the stainless is off, the wrong grain vinyl roof is off & the doors are taken apart. Niot bad for 4 hours work. Tomorrow, I'll tackle the grille, bumper & valance and if i feel ambitious enough, I'll start DA'ing off all that nasty spray bondo crap.

TUFCAT

....then buy some JJ1 gold paint I hope.  :icon_smile_wink:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 15, 2014, 08:03:02 PM
....then buy some JJ1 gold paint I hope.  :icon_smile_wink:

I dunno. I'm not feeling the love for this.......

as much as I am for something like this.....

TPR

QQ1 Turquoise looks beautiful in the flesh.
Blue always looks good. Can't go wrong there.
Gold says 'Grandma car' to me. No offense to anyone, I do like the look.
Whichever way you go, I'm sure you'll do a good job of it. I'd love to see a shot of all your cars together when it's done.
:2thumbs:
TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

TUFCAT

The blue certainly looks nice Turban....but the gold can look awesome too with a beautifully done paint job (like I know it'll have)! 

Mytur Binsdirti

Right now it's looking pretty ugly & tomorrow I'm going to scope out a body shop that was recommended to me.   :2thumbs:

taxspeaker

AA1

Here is our old one to show you (70 model though)

TUFCAT

Turby buddy...so if you're going to destroy the originality then I'm okay with this color! :drool5: :icon_smile_wink:  Wanna know the funny thing...?  My plan was to repaint my Coronet gold and add a black vinyl top when I bought it.  True story.  :rotz:  Now I think the LL1 turquoise was the best color available on a 1967 Coronet.  :cheers:  

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 16, 2014, 09:39:57 PM
Turby buddy...so if you're going to destroy the originality then I'm okay with this color! :drool5: :icon_smile_wink:  Wanna know the funny thing...?  My plan was to repaint my Coronet gold and add a black vinyl top when I bought it.  True story.  :rotz:  Now I think the LL1 turquoise was the best color available on a 1967 Coronet.  :cheers:  

Agreed.  That color looks awesome.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Ghoste

You had a sentimental reason for wanting gold though didn't you?

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on November 17, 2014, 06:16:46 AM
You had a sentimental reason for wanting gold though didn't you?

Yup.... :coolgleamA:  and that color kinda' stuck with me.   :D

Mytur Binsdirti

I'll admit that the color looks very nice................in the b/w photo.  :nana:

hemi-hampton