News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tim Wellborn Auctioning off 23 cars....

Started by chargerperson, November 05, 2014, 09:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

You can be sure they aren't crap.  In spite of the press release I can't help but wonder if it really is related to some other personal issues.  I need to get down there and tour the museum and sooner than later maybe.

68RT440

Im digging the bronze Daytona and white 500    :drool5:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

moparnation74

I want the bronze Daytona!  Man beautiful cars!

myk

I get the feeling that my dream of driving to his museum and parking my car amongst its kin may not happen after all.  In any case, I hope all is well with this legendary collector....

chargerman69

Ill take the bronze Daytona or the boss 429
It's always sad to see a group of cars like this to be spilit up

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2014, 09:11:55 AM
You can be sure they aren't crap.  In spite of the press release I can't help but wonder if it really is related to some other personal issues.  I need to get down there and tour the museum and sooner than later maybe.

It has nothing to do with that.  He's out of room and he wants to get a bunch of new rare Mopars to rotate through the Museum.  I've been helping him with his collection for a few months now.  And that is really all there is.

You can see in this picture he's even started doubling up on spots.

It is not actually half the collection being sold off.  More like 1/4.

chargerperson

Quote from: Devil on November 05, 2014, 09:58:35 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2014, 09:11:55 AM
You can be sure they aren't crap.  In spite of the press release I can't help but wonder if it really is related to some other personal issues.  I need to get down there and tour the museum and sooner than later maybe.

It has nothing to do with that.  He's out of room and he wants to get a bunch of new rare Mopars to rotate through the Museum.  I've been helping him with his collection for a few months now.  And that is really all there is.

You can see in this picture he's even started doubling up on spots.

Devil

Thank you for the information.  Nice to have real information!

It is not actually half the collection being sold off.  More like 1/4.

Sublime/Sixpack

They have a great collection, and cool place! I'm envious!    Wouldn't mind owning that '71 Pilot car!
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Ghoste

It is good to have the inside scoop thanks.  I was concerned seeing the 71 Hemi Chargers in there because I would have thought they were a key part to the collection for him.
Does this also mean the health concerns are going to be okay?

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Devil on November 05, 2014, 09:58:35 AM

He's out of room and he wants to get a bunch of new rare Mopars to rotate through the Museum.  I've been helping him with his collection for a few months now.  And that is really all there is.

I get wanting to change it up but how much more rare can there be than the hemi daytona, the orange daytona,hemi C500 being auctioned off.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2014, 12:22:49 PM
It is good to have the inside scoop thanks.  I was concerned seeing the 71 Hemi Chargers in there because I would have thought they were a key part to the collection for him.
Does this also mean the health concerns are going to be okay?

He should be alright.  He just has to take it easy.  Not have alot of stress in his life. 

Indeed, he had aquired so many cars, they had filled up his museum, the home barn and garages, a separate storage building AND had to put two cars in his hanger.  To say he was out of room was and understatement.

If you want to see ALL the pictures I shot from the last time I was down there, check it out below

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157644554540606/

Ryan

Homerr

Crazy stuff!

Overall I think he has great taste in cars.  The parts shop is even amazing.

They all seem too rare and pristine to drive.

polywideblock

glad he's alright   its one of my dreams to see his museum if I ever get over there   :yesnod:

considering what he's got in his collection , you'd think he'd get specific.  keep the 3rd gen beauty's   :drool5:  and  loose the "non" brand cars first  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

charger_fan_4ever

I vote for tossing those T/A's lol

The gsx and boss 429's are pretty iconic imo. When i say muscle car those two cars come to mind behind mother mopars though ;-).

TUFCAT

WOW!  :eek:   I didn't see that coming. :scope:  Geez, ...If only I was wealthy  :brickwall:   I'm sure Tim will miss those '71's . Many of them have been with him a long time....like children.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Neal_J

[/quote]

Indeed, he had aquired so many cars, they had filled up his museum, the home barn and garages, a separate storage building AND had to put two cars in his hanger. 

[/quote]

Wow, what a problem to have!~

Peace, Neal

Scaregrabber

I would like to get another Hemi 71, this may drop the prices on them a bit.

Sheldon

RallyeMike

Actually, I think it's neat that some of the cars will move on to someone else to enjoy for awhile and new stuff will be rotated in. I only wish it was closer.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

Maybe someday there will be a Charger.com endorsed cruise in to his museum.

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on November 06, 2014, 06:15:01 AM
Maybe someday there will be a Charger.com endorsed cruise in to his museum.

That's one of the greatest ideas I've heard in a while...

wingcar

1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TUFCAT

F8-4life

The omaha orange daytona is a standout.
Would love to own that.