News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plastic resurfacer spray for discolored plastic....anyone use this?

Started by TUFCAT, October 29, 2014, 09:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Does anyone have any experience with a Plastic Resurfacer spray for discolored plastics?

Eastwood has a rattle can product that is supposed to penetrate the surface of plastic and "embed" pigment to restore the sheen...

Its a solvent based product that doesn't coat the plastic but basically melts right into it for a permanent color (matte black only).

Here's a link:

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-plastic-resurfacer-matte-black-aerosol.html

What do you guys think? Anyone heard of it?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hmm I wonder if that will recolor the scuff on the rear of my wife's CR-V bumper?  Using the trim restorer products out there doesnt do the trick.  I would assume you's have to paint the entire panel to get a uniform finish
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

kab69440

Restore Black by Bondo works miracles on faded black trim. The stuff is awesome!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

bill440rt

That does look interesting, Tuffy.  :scratchchin:

I wonder how it works as well. The step pad on my wife's T&C is looking very faded. I'd imagine you'd have to coat the whole thing for a uniform finish, too.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TUFCAT

I was thinking about parts such as interior panel plastics and hidden headlamp grilles too  :scratchchin: