News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some opinions on radiator, CAA vs BPE ac brackets, and hoses

Started by oldcarnut, October 29, 2014, 11:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Ok here's the situation.  I had this motor below that was in a green 70 SE Chally I sold a year or so back. The pic is before I bought it--under the hood was a mess. Anyway it had all these Bouchillon brackets, chrome pulleys, etc to set this 440 for ac along with some other goodies. Vintage Air stuff was in it and I think it was an ac car to start with but dont remember.  I kept that motor to drop in my Bird clone until the 6pak motor is built. I put back in the Chally a 400 with stock ac pulleys and copied the brackets and reinstalled the ac before selling it. I also kept a brand new never used 3 core radiator I bought for it. The thinking at the time was I'd save some money later already having this other stuff since for what I sold the Chally for, there was no extra $$$ benefit from letting it go with it. Only negative I'd have the radiator hoses running opposite sides for a B-Body but which also had the benefit of being out of the way of the oil filter.  Fast forward to today, I'm finally workin on the clone and trying to plan ahead to use CCA's ac kit down the road.  Mine a heater only.  I don't really like the idea or looks of the upper radiator hose running over the compressor like in the picture. For a 6pak motor, will the hose running like that interfere with the air cleaner?  Does the CCA compressor brackets mount the same location as these BPE brackets? http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/inc/sdetail/467/567  BPE brackets are for a 508 Sanden compressor. The BPE brackets are the ones in my RR picture with the pieces of alum in between them.  I'm going to take them off and drive by his shop and see which setup they are for. Any advice or experiences are welcome. If I'm going to have problems I haven't thought about let me know. I hate the thought of putting out more money to spend getting another radiator and water pump setup or possibly pulleys.  I can live with the hose over the compressor if everything will work. All of this stuff will get mounted to the 440-6 when it gets built.