News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pilkington Windshield

Started by twenty mike mike, October 25, 2014, 12:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

Anyone know a direct retailer for Second Gen Pilkington windshields farther west than Auto City Classic in MN? There is a glass installation company that carries their glass, but they don't service the Left Coast. Pilkington might have good glass, but their web site is not very helpful.

58pwrwgn

Have you tried a local glass shop And requested pilkington glass.

twenty mike mike

Local glass shop #1 "Never heard of it. Wait...isn't that a detective agency?"

Local glass shop #2 "Is that what the P in PPG stands for?"

I finally found a couple of nationwide places that carry Pilkington and service my area. The good news is, they stock the windshields. The bad news is, the logo says Libby Nippon, which Pilkington makes. Who wants a Nippon windshield on a Dodge?

The Pilkington site says they'll do a custom logo to match OEM, but the person at Windshields To Go said they'll only do that for dealers now, due to trademark issues. $158.23 if I pick up a Libby Nippon at their warehouse, dealer list price is a mere $832.38, for the same windshield, but with a Mopar logo.

HeavyFuel

I ordered mine straight from the company. 

They'll want to ship it to a local glass shop, so just find one in your area that will work with you, then call the phone number on the website and order it up.  The local shop does not have to be a Pilkington dealer or anything like that.

http://www.pilkington.com/en/us/automotive/pilkington-classics

twenty mike mike

Great, thanks! What does your logo say?

If I want to get an original style logo, what would that look like? I don't have an original windshield to compare. My car was built on or about Nov 18, 1968.

HeavyFuel

My windshield didn't get the custom logo treatment.   $325 was enough to spend. 

Super nice glass, though.....really thick and shaped correctly.  Nice tinting.

twenty mike mike

Wow, that's quite a difference from the quote I got.  :o  Thanks for the info.