News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Unless I missed it I haven't seen where they will be selling individual grill parts like just the center section or headlight surrounds, although it would stand to reason they will.

lukedukem

not sure if they will, good question.

how about others who have bought these. what do they think. i know theres a couple on here who have bought them

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

69rtse4spd

Quote from: bull on November 05, 2014, 05:25:50 PM
Unless I missed it I haven't seen where they will be selling individual grill parts like just the center section or headlight surrounds, although it would stand to reason they will.

Well if they don't, just buy one & sell what you don't need, or go in with someone & buy a complete grill & split it. I am sure that C.I. will sell enough to recoup their cost. What with all the deers & other a**holes out there, would be nice to have some spares around. 

Ghoste

stripedelete

You may not see it.   Consider the possible fitment issues between 40 year old original and repops.

Maybe it something members can check as they start installing the new grilles.

bull

Quote from: stripedelete on November 05, 2014, 08:02:04 PM

You may not see it.   Consider the possible fitment issues between 40 year old original and repops.

I did think of that but then I wonder if the same would be true with mix and match original grill parts. :shruggy: I used two grills to make one and didn't have any problems but that's not to say it hasn't happened. Guess we'll find out eventually.

rebby

I have a repop grille on the way and a factory grille that is in very good condition. I'll do a side by side comparison of the two and try to mix/match when I build out my grille and will report on the results. According to shipping info, my repop should be here mid next week.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

lukedukem

Quote from: rebby on November 06, 2014, 11:25:05 AM
I have a repop grille on the way and a factory grille that is in very good condition. I'll do a side by side comparison of the two and try to mix/match when I build out my grille and will report on the results. According to shipping info, my repop should be here mid next week.

that would be cool. 

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

NickJ

According to my son my grill showed up today although I'm out of town till tomorrow. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it opened and let everyone know if it's a nice as the original post on here.  :cheers:

Nick

TexasStroker

I blame the pc virus for keeping me off the board and not seeing this...

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Over the last 15 years I have sent out about 3-5 emails a year trying to get people to repop the grille; 95% of those never even get replies.  I just looked it up and it was April 11, 2013 after being at MATS and meeting a few folks from Classic that I hit OER up about making the grille.  Did it have an impact, who knows...probably not.  But I've always tried and I like to think there are enough idiots like me who take the extra step to encourage the aftermarket to deliver on needed items.  This truly makes my day to see the grill up for order!  First off, I want/need this item.  Second, it comes at a great time as I got another needed piece up front and planned to have the valance off over the winter.  Lastly, I love seeing products come to the market that people said have no chance of making it.

Thank you Classic Industries for bringing this to production...it is much appreciated!

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

stripedelete

Quote from: bull on November 05, 2014, 10:15:20 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on November 05, 2014, 08:02:04 PM

I did think of that but then I wonder if the same would be true with mix and match original grill parts. :shruggy:

Yes, but they came out of the same mold or molds that were set up together.   Classic's mold may provide the same mix and match with grille parts that came out Classic molds.   

Selling the whole thing would avoid any customer satisfaction/ service headaches.
Not to mention "bundling" maintains a higher price point and pays off the sunk cost of the lower demand items like doors and surrounds.

Just my opinion, but, it's the way I would play it.

green69rt

Maybe someone will buy some and break the package up to sell the parts??  Who knows... :shruggy:

bull

Of course it will depend on how close they got to matching the original. These new plastic assemblies still have to be able to fit the original metal framework and the aftermarket trim built to fit the original plastic so I'm sure the goal is to get them as close to original as possible.

That said, I've had to fuss with just about every reproduction part shipped to me over the past 10 years. I've also endured a lot of fussing with original parts too. It will be a real surprise if these grills drop right in without at least a little bit of misery.

C500

Good to see someone finally doing the grilles, and at a very reasonable price.  :cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

jessejames

I'm always a day late or a dollar short...  Was out of town training and come back to find they are making these.Went to purchase one of these grills and the price went up a few hundred bucks! I tried contacting them also to see if they would honor the introductory price and no response. Man... I cant win!
Looks like a nice piece tho!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jessejames on November 07, 2014, 02:15:19 AM
I'm always a day late or a dollar short...  Was out of town training and come back to find they are making these.Went to purchase one of these grills and the price went up a few hundred bucks! I tried contacting them also to see if they would honor the introductory price and no response. Man... I cant win!
I just followed the link from this thread and it was still 969.00?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mopar Nut

Save close to $200.00 by using code CHL14 and get up to 20% off* on orders over $199.99! Offer ends on November 9th, 2014 at midnight PST.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

TexasStroker

I turned my order in a few minutes ago...Can't wait to see this thing in person!

I also noticed that the grill is now out-of-stock.  I was debating waiting for a potential Black Friday deal that might have included Free Freight, but it seems like I remember something like OS items not getting in on that...Glad I pulled the trigger when I did.  Things are finally falling in place for the 68-70s who have patiently waited.

Hats off again to OER and Classic for bringing this to the market.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Ghoste

6spd68

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2014, 06:23:32 AM
And for making it in the US.

China has really stepped up their manufacturing game.  Plus their shipping costs are dirt cheap.  I'm willing to bet hard cash that if repop grilles came out of China, they'd be just as good, with cheaper freight (30$ shipping a large 40LB box from the main land to Toronto).  The problem with products from China, and abroad, are when local companies buy these products, and tack on their 200% mark up.  At least that's where I start to say; "I wouldn't pay 400$ for this!".  Their customer service is also usually bang on, especially if dealt with through E-bay.

Perfect example, if you ever need motorcycle parts, or ferings...  I Once bought a complete fering set for a Kawasaki Ninja.  Not only did it cost me 500$ less than buying from the states; the quality of the pieces were as good as stock ones.  You could see the differences, but they were very minor(The mounting brackets looked different, but functioned the same).  The place I bought it from was also in direct contact with me from the point of purchase, until after delivery.  I've noticed this with other Chinese vendors I've bought from as well. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all Chinese products are perfect.  I know many are of cheap quality, made with pot steal, and will break a heck of a lot quicker than the original factory replacement.  But there is a lot of good to counter that; take procomp alluminum heads for example.

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Ghoste

I guess for the most part I've seen the opposite from China but it would be nice if their quality improved.  Of course their quality whether total crap or great does squat for US jobs.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2014, 09:15:29 AM
I guess for the most part I've seen the opposite from China but it would be nice if their quality improved.  Of course their quality whether total crap or great does squat for US jobs.

I would have to agree with Ghoste on this one (because I disagree with him on everything else??  :icon_smile_wink: ). The other problem with Chinese goods and getting things produced over there is the rampant counterfeiting which the govt over there (and sadly here too) really turns a blind eye to.   :RantExplode:   So in that respect I hope their quality continues to suffer.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jessejames

Quote from: Mopar Nut on November 07, 2014, 04:01:27 AM
Save close to $200.00 by using code CHL14 and get up to 20% off* on orders over $199.99! Offer ends on November 9th, 2014 at midnight PST.

Thank you Mopar Nut!!

375instroke

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 02, 2014, 09:09:28 PM
I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE BITCH ABOUT 70 DOLLAR INCREASES, BUT BITCH ALSO FOR WHEN THEY FIND ONE ON EBAY FOR 2500 DOLLARS THATS BEEN REDONE BY, 'JOE'  :popcrn:

There's a '68 grill for $2,500 on eBay now that's unrestored, and broken right now.

6spd68

I think this one is my favorite:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151402757973?lpid=82

Because why have the full thing, when you can buy just the center section for the same cost?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."