News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 02, 2014, 10:12:28 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 02, 2014, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 02, 2014, 09:43:36 PM
I would think they would do that. I don't think the item would be hard on tooling like some stuff.

Would or wouldn't?  Lots of the expensive parts fly off the shelf fast at the gate and then sit stagnant. Being a big ticket item that's lots of money that's sitting on a shelf. Of course they must have lots tied up in the tooling so maybe that's why they would keep making them.  I wonder how small a run is cost effective.

Wouldn't. Sorry bout that.

All good.   :cheers:  Just made more sense that way but hate to assume.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

CLASSIC

QuoteClass act Classic Industries  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Is it safe to say that when the 68 Charger grilles come out that they will be the same price :shruggy:

Yes. As far as I know, the 68's should be same price when they are released.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Toll Free: 800-854-1280

CLASSIC

Quote from: white on November 02, 2014, 06:00:32 AM
I backed out of my order to for the same reason.

Not an issue. Simply PM me here with your customer number, our IT dept. can find your abandoned cart and will honor the introductory price.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

CLASSIC

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 31, 2014, 03:48:28 PM
So will there be group buys?

Hello 472 R/T SE,

Thank you for the inquiry. There are no plans for group buys at this time. But you can sign up for our Eblast and take advantage of our frequent promotions like some of the other members here have done if you are looking for a good deal.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: CLASSIC on November 02, 2014, 10:31:19 PM

Is it safe to say that when the 68 Charger grilles come out that they will be the same price :shruggy:

cant wait for that grill....my grill was so bad I just said, screw it paint it black and my tabs that hold it up are busted.

JB400

I'm curious as to how many projects have been sitting on hold because of a lack of grilles? :popcrn:

cavemanno1

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 02, 2014, 10:06:44 PM

Honestly, I can't understand how it is cost effective for them to tool this thing up.  The 68/69 Charger market is not very big and the trend of actually doing the restorations has probably peaked.  They could probably make money off the item over the course of many years but I don't see it happening quickly at all.  

I have looked into making them!Have a friend who has a toolmaking company http://www.mould-tech.hu/

Just the tooling ALONE would have cost at least 55-60k us dollar.Then you have the plastic you have to use which needs some hardening part in it like carbonfiber or some other sort of bits,plus UV resistand chemicals!It's very complicated and everything ads up.The number of items you wanna make the tooling gonna be more expensive,the plastic you have to use,manufacturing,shipping etc.

I bet they have at least 100k tied up at least in the whole thing!To be honest their price is more then reasonable,dare to say it's cheap!!!Cheap to compare what els is available.If i needed one i would not hesitate to buy it and just because the price jumped up by 70 bucks would not miss it!Of course if the item is sound!

After all it's better to have their grill then nothing at all or a nos one from eBay for 2500 bucks!

VegasCharger

Lets say at 100,000 invested to produce these 69 grilles, CI would have to sell 104 units at $970.00 to recoup their investment and be in the black. If these are ball bark numbers then it's safe to say that at least 500 grilles are being produced  :shruggy:

cavemanno1

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 03, 2014, 05:01:01 AM
Lets say at 100,000 invested to produce these 69 grilles, CI would have to sell 104 units at $970.00 to recoup their investment and be in the black. If these are ball bark numbers then it's safe to say that at least 500 grilles are being produced  :shruggy:

Those are the figures we have calculated at least!These are only rough numbers and i only know the cost for the tooling that would have been made over here!

But i was told the Chinese companies work cheaper and just as good.They work cheaper because their raw material in not accounted forin the price!Over here they calculate the raw material for the tool because that is at least 40 percent of the price!Apparently the Chinese don't calculate this because they have unlimited sources.

So IF classic industries got their tooling from china,which I'm sure they did,then their tooling would be much less then somewhere else where the raw material takes up almost half of the cost!They get thier other productes from chine,don't they.So have conection already for making other parts i'm sure they got the tooling from there then!Which is fine as long as the product it good.
So if they got it made there then got in injected moulded in the States to cut the huge shipping and packaging costs!IMO but it is just my guess!This is how i would do it if i had 100k!

Was told the tooling cost depends on the number of items planned to produce!Different matterial needed for the tool to make 1000 products, 5-10,000 and so and so!

Anyway,hats off to them for making them and I'm sure they can make more then 500 just to get back their investment!

Charger-Bodie

You also have to consider the stuff they will sell to someone buying a grille that maybe wouldn't have bought from them if they weren't offering the grille.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

rebby

Quote from: CLASSIC on November 02, 2014, 01:06:47 AM
Quote from: rebby on November 01, 2014, 09:10:31 PM
Quote from: lukedukem on October 31, 2014, 09:41:08 PM
Why did the price jump up so quick? 

Luke

I'd like to know as well. I was actually in the process of checking out when the price jumped. I decided last minute to grab a few other odds and ends that I needed as well and once I got those items added and started the checkout process I was welcomed with an increase in price. I bailed on the entire order (nearly $2000) at that point. I'm still a little pissed about the whole ordeal and, as much as I'd like one of these grilles, I still can't get myself to pull the trigger after the "bait & switch" that I experienced.

CLASSIC, can you speak to this at all? It sure left a sour taste in my mouth.

Sorry for the inconvenience, please PM me with your customer number and we will have our IT team find your abandoned cart and contact you to honor the initial pricing. We did have an introductory price listed initially, but after a full accounting of all costs involved with the initial shipment, the decision was made to make a slight adjustment. However, if you had a cart in the works during the price change, we will honor the introductory price for you.

Fantastic! You certainly didn't have to do that and I greatly appreciate you going out of your way to do so. I've been going through my cart to remove a few parts that I ordered from another supplier and add a few more parts that I'd initially forgotten. I'm going to thumb through the catalog again this morning to make sure that I didn't miss anything else. I'll PM you my customer number. Thanks again.

As for those commenting on my decision to back out of my order the other night over a $70 price increase... It wasn't the price increase that upset me, at $970 these are still a very fair deal (especially when you consider the 20% off coupon), what upset me was the fact that I was actively working my way through the checkout process when I was hit with the price increase. If I had chosen NOT to add a bunch of weather stripping, wiring, and other miscellaneous part, I would never have even known about the price increase. The order would have been submitted and done with. The fact is that I have a grille that will work for my project, I am taking this opportunity to have a better grille. I was not, in any way, delaying my project by not ordering.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

TUFCAT

I think they will sell lots of them.  Even some cars that have already been restored could benefit from a new grille.  Great product, probably the best new reproduction part of the year!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 03, 2014, 09:57:38 AM
I think they will sell lots of them.  Even some cars that have already been restored could benefit from a new grille.  Great new product, probably the best new reproduction part of the year!
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

HANDM

Quote from: Mopar Nut on November 03, 2014, 10:11:54 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on November 03, 2014, 09:57:38 AM
I think they will sell lots of them.  Even some cars that have already been restored could benefit from a new grille.  Great new product, probably the best new reproduction part of the year!
:iagree:

:iagree: x 2

If I had the extra g laying around, I would already have one.....

Homerr

My first thought was wondering if they bought the bobfist molds.

Lennard

If we keep mentioning here how cheap and good of a deal this grill is for this price, we will be paying more $$ for it soon!
The merchandising boss is reading this.

JB400

Lennard

Quote from: JB400 on November 03, 2014, 01:16:00 PM
I don't consider $1000 cheap.
Neither do I but a lot of people that replied here, do. I just hope that it's still going to be around this price when I get the $ saved to buy it.

dyslexic teddybear

I don't either.

3 thoughts.....

Always good when parts are available at a reasonable price. Better then when they are priced as unobtainum.

A good, not rare, but a nice driver, completed car......is an even better deal then I thought.

And.....considering what a complete grill/headlights/wiring, and bumper cost......a Daytona nose isn't all that bad price wise. It's more of course, but not as much as I thought.

cavemanno1

Nothing is cheap in this hobby!Obviously it is a lot of money but if you look at what it cost to make them you wouldn't say it's not cheap!

Does anyone know how much Bobfist were selling his grills?If I'm correct he was asking 1500 dollar for it but i could be wrong!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Lennard on November 03, 2014, 01:13:34 PM
If we keep mentioning here how cheap and good of a deal this grill is for this price, we will be paying more $$ for it soon!
The merchandising boss is reading this.

Quote from: Lennard on November 03, 2014, 01:28:16 PM
Neither do I but a lot of people that replied here, do. I just hope that it's still going to be around this price when I get the $ saved to buy it.

I didn't get that impression, I got the impression most thought it was reasonable, as do I, which is much different than cheap or outrageous.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Lennard

::) Just on the first page of this topic alone I read "cheap" and "a steal".... the price went up soon after that.

JamieZ

Any idea what kind of time frame the 68s will be available?  Is it expected before the end of the year or is it sometime in 2015?  Just need to plan for the expense :)

CLASSIC

Quote from: rebby on November 03, 2014, 09:00:00 AM
Quote from: CLASSIC on November 02, 2014, 01:06:47 AM

Sorry for the inconvenience, please PM me with your customer number and we will have our IT team find your abandoned cart and contact you to honor the initial pricing. We did have an introductory price listed initially, but after a full accounting of all costs involved with the initial shipment, the decision was made to make a slight adjustment. However, if you had a cart in the works during the price change, we will honor the introductory price for you.

Fantastic! You certainly didn't have to do that and I greatly appreciate you going out of your way to do so. I've been going through my cart to remove a few parts that I ordered from another supplier and add a few more parts that I'd initially forgotten. I'm going to thumb through the catalog again this morning to make sure that I didn't miss anything else. I'll PM you my customer number. Thanks again.

As for those commenting on my decision to back out of my order the other night over a $70 price increase... It wasn't the price increase that upset me, at $970 these are still a very fair deal (especially when you consider the 20% off coupon), what upset me was the fact that I was actively working my way through the checkout process when I was hit with the price increase. If I had chosen NOT to add a bunch of weather stripping, wiring, and other miscellaneous part, I would never have even known about the price increase. The order would have been submitted and done with. The fact is that I have a grille that will work for my project, I am taking this opportunity to have a better grille. I was not, in any way, delaying my project by not ordering.

Understood, and not a problem at all. Happy to help. The price change during checkout was completely unintentional on our part. We will make sure you are taken care of. Looking forward to your PM.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

CLASSIC

Quote from: JamieZ on November 03, 2014, 05:48:20 PM

Any idea what kind of time frame the 68s will be available?  Is it expected before the end of the year or is it sometime in 2015?  Just need to plan for the expense :)

Thank you for the interest. We are hoping to have them by the end of this year, but do not want to make any promises in case there are unexpected delays. We will post here when our first shipment arrives.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street