News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

I wasnt going to comment in this post, as im EXTREMElY grateful this product is being made. But i have to admit I read the first post and went to the site to order one just for a spare..and saw the price jumped by $70.. Is it still a fair deal for $970? Absolutely..but i backed out of the checkout page as well on principle alone. Why jack the price right after listing? Surely thought had gone into the marketing of the product, and $900 was decided as a fair price for the grill with enough profit to make it worthwhile. Oh well good luck Classic i sincerely hope you sell a ton of them, and thanks again for bringing this product to market. I decided for now not to purchase one.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

myk

Quote from: rebby on November 01, 2014, 09:10:31 PM
Quote from: lukedukem on October 31, 2014, 09:41:08 PM
Why did the price jump up so quick?  

Luke

I'd like to know as well. I was actually in the process of checking out when the price jumped. I decided last minute to grab a few other odds and ends that I needed as well and once I got those items added and started the checkout process I was welcomed with an increase in price. I bailed on the entire order (nearly $2000) at that point. I'm still a little pissed about the whole ordeal and, as much as I'd like one of these grilles, I still can't get myself to pull the trigger after the "bait & switch" that I experienced.

CLASSIC, can you speak to this at all? It sure left a sour taste in my mouth.

You're going to pass on a badly needed item on your car because the price went up $70? 

This is the free market system and people can sell however they want to.  We of course are free to not buy it however I wouldn't postpone my restoration for some imagined slight.  Demand will drive the price up, especially in the Mopar world; everyone here should know that by now...

CLASSIC

Quote from: 69charger2002 on November 01, 2014, 10:00:47 PM
I wasnt going to comment in this post, as im EXTREMElY grateful this product is being made. But i have to admit I read the first post and went to the site to order one just for a spare..and saw the price jumped by $70.. Is it still a fair deal for $970? Absolutely..but i backed out of the checkout page as well on principle alone. Why jack the price right after listing? Surely thought had gone into the marketing of the product, and $900 was decided as a fair price for the grill with enough profit to make it worthwhile. Oh well good luck Classic i sincerely hope you sell a ton of them, and thanks again for bringing this product to market. I decided for now not to purchase one.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. It is true that a price adjustment became necessary after the initial shipment arrived and we were able to review all of the costs associated with transportation, shipping, handling and packaging. However, if you would like to complete your order, we will honor the initial target price as listed. Please PM me with your customer number and approx. date you were shopping and we will have our IT Dept. find your cart and contact you to check out.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Toll Free: 800-854-1280

CLASSIC

Quote from: JB400 on October 31, 2014, 10:32:51 PM
Thanks Classic Industries for getting these made :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Can I make a recommendation on packaging?  How about inserting a piece of foam inside the grille pieces to minimize warping and distortion before wrapping them in bubble wrap?

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, we will work with the shipping department to come up with a solution for this issue.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

CLASSIC

Luke

I'd like to know as well. I was actually in the process of checking out when the price jumped. I decided last minute to grab a few other odds and ends that I needed as well and once I got those items added and started the checkout process I was welcomed with an increase in price. I bailed on the entire order (nearly $2000) at that point. I'm still a little pissed about the whole ordeal and, as much as I'd like one of these grilles, I still can't get myself to pull the trigger after the "bait & switch" that I experienced.

Sorry for the inconvenience, please PM me with your customer number and we will have our IT team find your abandoned cart and contact you to honor the initial pricing. We did have an introductory price listed initially, but after a full accounting of all costs involved with the initial shipment, the decision was made to make a slight adjustment. However, if you had a cart in the works during the price change, we will honor the introductory price for you.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

Mopar Nut

These 69 B-body center grill look new as well, Applications: 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T, 1968 Dodge Coronet 500 & 1969 Dodge Charger 500

http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mn1492.html
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

VegasCharger

Quote from: CLASSIC on November 02, 2014, 01:06:47 AM

Luke

Sorry for the inconvenience, please PM me with your customer number and we will have our IT team find your abandoned cart and contact you to honor the initial pricing. We did have an introductory price listed initially, but after a full accounting of all costs involved with the initial shipment, the decision was made to make a slight adjustment. However, if you had a cart in the works during the price change, we will honor the introductory price for you.

Class act Classic Industries  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Is it safe to say that when the 68 Charger grilles come out that they will be the same price :shruggy:

Mikesmoparperformance

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaw! Awesome.. But I mis the Trim.. They must sell them complet not like this. now you must still look and buy the missing parts! But If you can get them from you originele 69 Grill then this option is a good one to go for.. Still have a Real 69 Grill then this one. There will always be a difference between those two I think?
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

white

NickJ

Thanks for all the great information. Ordered mine today along with the HL door brackets and hardware kit (both on backorder). With the 20% discount and free shipping it was just too good a deal to pass up. Putting it all together, touching up the paint, and getting her all ready sounds like an excellent cold weather project.  :cheers:

Nick

69 OUR/TEA

It will really be interesting when someone finishes off the whole grill , install the trim ,put it into the metal grill frame , then install into car to really see how it looks/fits.

lukedukem

Quote from: CLASSIC on November 02, 2014, 01:06:47 AM

Luke

I would've thought that was already done before putting on the market.
But hey, people need these. I luckily don't.

And yes, I understand it's a free market and people can sell how they want. Weather it's a rip off or a good deal

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

stripedelete

Classic made an honest mistake.  Whether they had not fully burdened thier costs, or just forgot the 20% discount, and let's not forget the credit card companies pound of flesh, it's easy to be headed backwards in a hurry.

I still cut a skinny deal once in a while and forget to say no Amex ......... :brickwall: :

If it's the real deal, it's still reasonable. :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE BITCH ABOUT 70 DOLLAR INCREASES, BUT BITCH ALSO FOR WHEN THEY FIND ONE ON EBAY FOR 2500 DOLLARS THATS BEEN REDONE BY, 'JOE'  :popcrn:

lukedukem

Quote from: stripedelete on November 02, 2014, 08:59:04 PM
Classic made an honest mistake.  Whether they had not fully burdened thier costs, or just forgot the 20% discount, and let's not forget the credit card companies pound of flesh, it's easy to be headed backwards in a hurry.

I still cut a skinny deal once in a while and forget to say no Amex ......... :brickwall: :

Maybe your right. And I'm not saying it's. Bad deal. I just found it odd that it all of a sudden jumped up. Like someone was watching and said, " hey, let's make a little more off these guys". I'm gonna leave it alone. Maybe I'm just thinking everyone in this world is greedy and out to get me. Even though I don't need one. I will someday.
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

1974dodgecharger

they don't need to do the 20% off either or free shipping.....they could of yanked the 20% off for that specific item.  :-\
Quote from: lukedukem on November 02, 2014, 09:21:40 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on November 02, 2014, 08:59:04 PM

Maybe your right. And I'm not saying it's. Bad deal. I just found it odd that it all of a sudden jumped up. Like someone was watching and said, " hey, let's make a little more off these guys". I'm gonna leave it alone. Maybe I'm just thinking everyone in this world is greedy and out to get me. Even though I don't need one. I will someday.

lukedukem

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 02, 2014, 09:09:28 PM
I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE BITCH ABOUT 70 DOLLAR INCREASES, BUT BITCH ALSO FOR WHEN THEY FIND ONE ON EBAY FOR 2500 DOLLARS THATS BEEN REDONE BY, 'JOE'  :popcrn:

All caps, really? Your that mad. Not sure if it's pointed at me, but I was bringing up point that I think a lot of us were wondering.

1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

lukedukem

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 02, 2014, 09:22:51 PM
they don't need to do the 20% off either or free shipping.....they could of yanked the 20% off for that specific item.  :-\]

Your right. That would've been the slap in the face

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

bakerhillpins

I for one don't think the price is out of line, and while I completely understand the folks who had the price increase while they were shopping wanting to have that corrected, I also would have thought that CI might have priced them lower to get a few out there in the community for first hand reviews. Sort of like a sale for the x units. I personally wish I wasn't cash poor as I would buy one now because I have this dark feeling that there are x of them and when they are gone, they are gone.

Ill be interested to hear how the colors of the paint match up to OEM as that consistently generates lots of commentary.  I think someone mentioned having an NOS section and was going to buy one.   :scratchchin:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

lukedukem

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 02, 2014, 09:35:47 PM
I for one don't think the price is out of line, and while I completely understand the folks who had the price increase while they were shopping wanting to have that corrected, I also would have thought that CI might have priced them lower to get a few out there in the community for first hand reviews. Sort of like a sale for the x units. I personally wish I wasn't cash poor as I would buy one now because I have this dark feeling that there are x of them and when they are gone, they are gone.

Ill be interested to hear how the colors of the paint match up to OEM as that consistently generates lots of commentary.  I think someone mentioned having an NOS section and was going to buy one.   :scratchchin:

I don't think the price is outta line either.
So you think that there are X of them and when those are gone that's it? Scary, but I'm not sure what to think about that. Never crossed my mind.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Charger-Bodie

I would think they would do that. I don't think the item would be hard on tooling like some stuff.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 02, 2014, 09:43:36 PM
I would think they would do that. I don't think the item would be hard on tooling like some stuff.

Would or wouldn't?  Lots of the expensive parts fly off the shelf fast at the gate and then sit stagnant. Being a big ticket item that's lots of money that's sitting on a shelf. Of course they must have lots tied up in the tooling so maybe that's why they would keep making them.  I wonder how small a run is cost effective.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mike DC

Honestly, I can't understand how it is cost effective for them to tool this thing up.  The 68/69 Charger market is not very big and the trend of actually doing the restorations has probably peaked.  They could probably make money off the item over the course of many years but I don't see it happening quickly at all. 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 02, 2014, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 02, 2014, 09:43:36 PM

Would or wouldn't?  Lots of the expensive parts fly off the shelf fast at the gate and then sit stagnant. Being a big ticket item that's lots of money that's sitting on a shelf. Of course they must have lots tied up in the tooling so maybe that's why they would keep making them.  I wonder how small a run is cost effective.

Wouldn't. Sorry bout that.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 02, 2014, 09:09:28 PM
I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE BITCH ABOUT 70 DOLLAR INCREASES, BUT BITCH ALSO FOR WHEN THEY FIND ONE ON EBAY FOR 2500 DOLLARS THATS BEEN REDONE BY, 'JOE'  :popcrn:

Quoted for freaking truth.  

They complain when there aren't any grilles.  They complain when there are grilles.  They complain about $70 when the cost of building and maintaining a 2nd gen Charger will nickel and dime them for TENS OF THOUSANDS before the end.

Fine.  Don't buy the grilles, that'll leave more for the rest of us.  If they want the honor of driving rare Mopar muscle there's a price to be paid; we're not building Civics here...