News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I know I've asked before but where are you located?

TUFCAT

I would run enough parts to pay for the tooling in the first run, then anything after that would be gravy

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 6spd68 on November 12, 2014, 09:03:51 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 12, 2014, 08:36:18 AM
They may not have made very many though, for all we know they knocked out a couple dozen to test demand and that was it.

I'm guessing 20-25 to test the waters.  They'll likely produce another run with similar #'s. 

If they go all out with the 68 grilles, and there's a Canadian distributor (Because F*** UPS AND THEIR BULL**** COST MY SOUL SHIPPING  :flame: ); I'll pick one up as an insurance policy for sure.

I would bet that they built a small quantity of them not so much to test the water but to get feedback about fit and finish quality issues before they pumped out 100s of them that were all f'ed up.  They got a bunch of feedback from us and hopefully are taking that into account for the next run.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

cazz

Well when this DC page was still on #1 I jumped the gun and ordered a grill. It was shipped UPS and I live in western Canada. The grill was here and at my door in just over a week. I have no complantes. No defects that I can see, all shipped in one box with a lot of bubble wrap. Same thing looks like a little worping but just from packing. All in all very happy with the end result. I have 2 used grills at home. I used the mounts off my worst grill. fitment was spot on. The grills that I have are in need of repare but all in all 2 would make one real nice one. My car is not #s match so I went with the repo grill. Hope for those who have ordered get there grills in a timely manner.

moparnation74

Quote from: cazz on November 12, 2014, 11:41:39 AM
Well when this DC page was still on #1 I jumped the gun and ordered a grill. It was shipped UPS and I live in western Canada. The grill was here and at my door in just over a week. I have no complantes. No defects that I can see, all shipped in one box with a lot of bubble wrap. Same thing looks like a little worping but just from packing. All in all very happy with the end result. I have 2 used grills at home. I used the mounts off my worst grill. fitment was spot on. The grills that I have are in need of repare but all in all 2 would make one real nice one. My car is not #s match so I went with the repo grill. Hope for those who have ordered get there grills in a timely manner.
Does this mean you mounted it in your car?  If you did could you post some pics please.

Charger4404spd

I have a complete spare grill that I bought from Troy some years ago, but I'm thinking I will buy one of these to put back. :2thumbs:

TexasStroker

I was thinking 20-30 ish as well, which is why I had a hard time believing they could have had a computer error on the stock.  I also know that rotational molds need a lot of work, and frequent repair.  I have zero first hand experience with injection molding aside from trying to find someone that does it, lol.  The quality is always better early in the run with everything I deal with, so I would assume this would be similar.  That said, frequent up keep and QC could mediate any issues as they develop.

UPS is great here, but I deal with the driver 2 times a day, lol.  In the event work doesn't line up with the scheduled delivery times I would call the local hub and tell them to hold it and you'll pick it up.  Hope that works out for you...If it got to your hub you should be okay...trouble usually happens at the big distribution centers.

Thanks for the update as well cazz!  Sounds like they did their homework and invest in proper packaging to cover the "delicate touch" of delivery services, lol.  You can usually predict the quality of the parts by the investment in their shipping.

I can't wait until Friday!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Ghoste

I think Magnum472 had experience with injection molding but he hasn't been on here much since he sold the road runner.

lukedukem

Has anyone else that received thiers had to sign for it. Ups makes it sound if I need to be here and contacted or they won't leave it. Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

squeakfinder

These are made in the U.S. wright?   Just wondering if this slow down with the Longshoreman will effect material supply. 
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

NickJ

Luke,
  I didn't have to sign for mine. UPS left it on the porch. When I checked from work that was the status. "Left on porch". I called my son and had him put it inside. Nothing like $900 sitting outside.  ::)

Nick

Ghoste

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Ghoste

It can be surprising what kind of thing losers who are just out cruising around will take a chance on.  They see it and know it may be nothing or it may be worth trading for drugs.

lukedukem

Quote from: NickJ on November 13, 2014, 08:32:52 AM
Luke,
  I didn't have to sign for mine. UPS left it on the porch. When I checked from work that was the status. "Left on porch". I called my son and had him put it inside. Nothing like $900 sitting outside.  ::)

Nick

i thought so. he showed last night at 9pm, knocked and walked off. i tried to stop him but he kept walking, as he was mumbling. he sounded pissed, not sure why. i wanted to ask him about the so called first attempt that was made yesterday. the reply i got from ups was bs. the point is, i have it now and i can remove mine thats busted and put this in while i repair the other one. takeing my time. then i will have spare

Quote from: Ghoste on November 13, 2014, 08:55:49 AM
It can be surprising what kind of thing losers who are just out cruising around will take a chance on.  They see it and know it may be nothing or it may be worth trading for drugs.

your right. or the nieghbors...

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Troy

Quote from: lukedukem on November 12, 2014, 08:29:27 PM
Has anyone else that received thiers had to sign for it. Ups makes it sound if I need to be here and contacted or they won't leave it. Luke
All carriers have "standard rules" and then "other rules". Sometimes a signature is required but not an actual human. Other times a person over 21 has to physically be there. Whoever sent the package can designate more strict parameters. I have a "signature on file" with most carriers to leave packages at my door. When I changed addresses a couple years ago it turned out that UPS would never leave a packages in that neighborhood - but everyone else would. I moved again and my community leasing office will sign for anything that comes to me - but UPS (again) will almost never leave a package. Instead they leave a notice requesting a signature, I sign it, they leave another notice requesting an in person signature, and I finally just call them and tell them to keep it at the service center and I pick it up. Costs me 3-4 extra days every time. I have gotten to the point where I ask sellers if they are using UPS and either demand a different carrier or buy my stuff elsewhere. If it's something specific I will have them instruct UPS to keep it at the service center for pickup but they screw that up about 1/2 the time. A few months ago they dropped off my new Passon transmission in my leasing office (full of dainty young women in dresses). 135 pounds of wooden crate sitting in the middle of the room all day. Not to mention me having to drag it to the parking lot to load it in my truck in work clothes.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

autodynamics

Cncguy

Quote from: autodynamics on November 14, 2014, 12:55:45 AM
Anyone install one yet ?

Can't be installed until the door brackets are made. Unless you sac arrive an original.

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Ghoste on November 13, 2014, 08:55:49 AM

Or even worse, just grab it to see if whats inside is worth something. After they discover that the thing inside is just a piece of plasic wich they cant identfy, they dump it somewhere....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ghoste

That's exactly how I envision it, no time to check it out on your front door.  Just grab dash and dispose.

lukedukem

Anyone install one yet ?

Not yet. Haven't even un boxed yet. Got real busy at work. I'm sitting in the deer blind right now awaiting a kill shot, but when I'm done here I am headed home to unbox. I thought about doing an un boxing video and posting it but we will see.
As far as test fit. I forgot about the brackets. So not sure on that yet. Maybe someone else has

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Ghoste

Has anyone sat one beside an original yet and compared?

Old Moparz

Quote from: lukedukem on November 14, 2014, 07:52:11 AM
Anyone install one yet ?

Not yet. Haven't even un boxed yet. Got real busy at work. I'm sitting in the deer blind right now awaiting a kill shot, but when I'm done here I am headed home to unbox. I thought about doing an un boxing video and posting it but we will see.
As far as test fit. I forgot about the brackets. So not sure on that yet. Maybe someone else has

Luke

You should have brought it with you to inspect between shots. It's not like deer all congregate in front of you all day long like the idiots at the bottom of an escalator in the mall.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

lukedukem

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 14, 2014, 09:08:43 AM
Quote from: lukedukem on November 14, 2014, 07:52:11 AM
Anyone install one yet ?

Luke

You should have brought it with you to inspect between shots. It's not like deer all congregate in front of you all day long like the idiots at the bottom of an escalator in the mall.

Lmao. I could've. These deer are dumb. Make all the noise you want, they don't really care.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC