News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Hopefully no one is foolish enough to buy them at those prices.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2014, 06:33:28 PM
Hopefully no one is foolish enough to buy them at those prices.

There are.  :lol:

I don't think the price of the repro is too bad, I just hope that the aftermarket trim that's been out fits. It would be nice to see it available as a complete, ready to bolt in set up like the 1971 Cuda grilles with all the trim & bezels. I have a complete grille for my Charger that only needs paint so I don't need one, but I wouldn't have a problem buying one of the repros.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

lukedukem

just a bump to see if anyone else that has got theirs if they would post a review

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

lukedukem

Quote from: TexasStroker on November 07, 2014, 04:42:55 AM
I turned my order in a few minutes ago...Can't wait to see this thing in person!

I also noticed that the grill is now out-of-stock.  I was debating waiting for a potential Black Friday deal that might have included Free Freight, but it seems like I remember something like OS items not getting in on that...Glad I pulled the trigger when I did.  Things are finally falling in place for the 68-70s who have patiently waited.

Hats off again to OER and Classic for bringing this to the market.

yes they are out of stock. i asked last week how many they where gonna make and they wouldnt tell me how many the first run was, but they will make more if needed, so we will see. mayeb they will come on here and keep us informed as to when the second batch is ready. i saw where a grille on here on our for sale section sold for 1200 obo. so i guess some are still after the factory ones???
texasstroker: let us know what you think of your grille please

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

NickJ

Hello All,
  Got my grill at the end of last week although I didn't get to open it till this weekend (damn work!) Overall, I couldn't be happier with it. Each piece was individually bubble wrapped and then lots more placed between pieces. They also took special care with all the tabs, ears, and breakable bits. I didn't noticed any overspray and when I compared it to my original (beat to shit but untouched) they appear almost identical, minus the 45 years of grime on the original. I also ordered new headlight door brackets and a complete fastener kit (both on backorder) so I'm waiting to assemble until I have all the pieces.

Once all the stuff comes in I plan on sitting down with the original and putting it all together. Will post more when that happens. I did take a couple pics but the ones that were already posted are much better if you want to see quality, color, etc..  Hope this helps those on the fence about buying one. I have to admit that it feels great to have a complete grill waiting to be installed rather than worrying about finding one.  :cheers:

Nick
https://www.facebook.com/Rowdy69Charger

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

lukedukem

Thanks for sharing Nick. so no overpray on yours, thats good to hear. warping issues, i can't tell but one side might?

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

NickJ

I didn't notice any warpage. Seems to be how they were placed into the box and then how long they sat like that whether or not they warp . If there is any it's really minor and I feel like when it's assembled and in the frame it'll be good to go.

Nick

bill440rt

Way late to the party, but kudos to Classic for reproducing such a much needed part, AND making good with certain customers by honoring the previous advertised prices. Says alot about this parts supplier.  :yesnod:

A little disappointed when I read there are no attached mounting brackets for the headlight doors, etc. But, relieved to hear they are in the works.  :2thumbs:
Luckily I do not need one, but if I ever do I know where to turn. As mentioned it would be especially good if someday they were offered in individual components rather than complete assemblies.

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing the '70 grille! If, it ever becomes a reality.  :popcrn:
Those things are especially fragile, it might as well have been made from eggshells.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

rebby

Looks like my grille is due tomorrow. I'll do my best to get to some pics up as quickly as possible.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

1974dodgecharger

we post them all the time here on DC.com ghoste where you been man, lol.  3k steering wheels, center 68 grills for 1500 dollars, broken, but complete grills for 2k, etc....some even posted on this thread already some ebay auctions.

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2014, 06:38:57 AM
I haven't any redone ones for 2500, how many did Joe sell for that?  In any case my point wasn't about the value of either grille, my point was that the people who complained about the sudden nearly 10 percent increase in price without expalanation were justified to do so.  No one bitched about the grille or the price at the start of the thread, they were upset when they went to order and the price bumped.  Instead of the analogy I used, pretent you decided to were okay with "Joe's" grille and elected to buy it but Joe bumped you 200 just as you said okay I'll take it.
Classic of course has since explained it and honored the price on those inital orders so all is well.

And what 3k steering wheel do you mean?

TexasStroker

Quote from: lukedukem on November 10, 2014, 01:33:27 PM
I turned my order in a few minutes ago...Can't wait to see this thing in person!

I also noticed that the grill is now out-of-stock.  I was debating waiting for a potential Black Friday deal that might have included Free Freight, but it seems like I remember something like OS items not getting in on that...Glad I pulled the trigger when I did.  Things are finally falling in place for the 68-70s who have patiently waited.

yes they are out of stock. i asked last week how many they where gonna make and they wouldnt tell me how many the first run was, but they will make more if needed, so we will see. mayeb they will come on here and keep us informed as to when the second batch is ready. i saw where a grille on here on our for sale section sold for 1200 obo. so i guess some are still after the factory ones???

luke

Well, I had planned to do an unboxing upon getting the grill...I figured I must have ordered the last one "in stock" or a few other people came in right after me and got the last one.  I've been checking back religiously to see if it has shipped.  The order status page always had the grill up top (in stock) and the brackets down below "out of stock."  I know they have sent me e-mails in the past, but I was so excited I've been manually checking for any update what so ever...

I came in tonight and checked and they have now moved the grill to the same lower portion with the brackets.  I was charged for the grill because it was "in stock" when I ordered it.  When they sent the order confirmation it shows that I am only being charged for what was in stock (the grill) and showed the pending charges for the brackets.  Not wanting to jump the gun, I logged in to my charge card account and there is the charge from Classic right when I ordered it.

I am not one to candy coat things...I am pretty pissed off.  I'd really love an explanation on this one.  Item was in stock when I ordered, I was billed for the "in stock" grill, it never shipped...it stayed "in stock" on my order status page, and then tonight it is moved down with the brackets.  What I'm the most pissed about is just the lost transit time and now the fact I have to deal on something that should have been a done deal.  Basically wastes my time.

I've bought a lot from Classic since they opened up to Mopars.  I've pushed for a few new products and done my best to promote them.  A big reason for this is a long string of bad experiences with Year One...one of which started eerily similar to this transaction.

All I can figure right now is my order is sitting there waiting to ship and someone "important" called in or something...I seriously doubt there was sufficient stock to screw up a quantity count upon the initial inventory.  I am optimistic they will make this right, but I will be very reluctant to believe any stories about how the grill was ordered, paid for, and waiting to ship only to change status to "out of stock" on my order page.  I  didn't wait for a better sale or free shipping because I wanted the grill ASAP.  I also figured there might be a long wait between shipments or something and wanted to play it safe.  

Once again, I am hoping I'll be told the grill is sitting there waiting to ship and it is a computer issue on their end, but I doubt that will be the case.  My only complaints on Classic prior to this was basically needing a catalog in hand to type in part numbers online, and their shipping fees (although Year One is still worse about that...It is funny how I can order something, get it in, and then ship the same, unopened package to anyone else in the continental US via the same carrier for fractions of the price).  

I'll PM the guy on here first, and then have to try and deal with them via phone tomorrow...My free time is late and makes things complicated for working out BS issues that shouldn't exist.

Still excited about the grill, just really pissed off to see my order get shelved  :RantExplode:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

lukedukem

Quote from: TexasStroker on November 11, 2014, 12:17:32 AM

luke

Well, I had planned to do an unboxing upon getting the grill...I figured I must have ordered the last one "in stock" or a few other people came in right after me and got the last one.  I've been checking back religiously to see if it has shipped.  The order status page always had the grill up top (in stock) and the brackets down below "out of stock."  I know they have sent me e-mails in the past, but I was so excited I've been manually checking for any update what so ever...

I came in tonight and checked and they have now moved the grill to the same lower portion with the brackets.  I was charged for the grill because it was "in stock" when I ordered it.  When they sent the order confirmation it shows that I am only being charged for what was in stock (the grill) and showed the pending charges for the brackets.  Not wanting to jump the gun, I logged in to my charge card account and there is the charge from Classic right when I ordered it.

I am not one to candy coat things...I am pretty pissed off.  I'd really love an explanation on this one.  Item was in stock when I ordered, I was billed for the "in stock" grill, it never shipped...it stayed "in stock" on my order status page, and then tonight it is moved down with the brackets.  What I'm the most pissed about is just the lost transit time and now the fact I have to deal on something that should have been a done deal.  Basically wastes my time.

I've bought a lot from Classic since they opened up to Mopars.  I've pushed for a few new products and done my best to promote them.  A big reason for this is a long string of bad experiences with Year One...one of which started eerily similar to this transaction.

All I can figure right now is my order is sitting there waiting to ship and someone "important" called in or something...I seriously doubt there was sufficient stock to screw up a quantity count upon the initial inventory.  I am optimistic they will make this right, but I will be very reluctant to believe any stories about how the grill was ordered, paid for, and waiting to ship only to change status to "out of stock" on my order page.  I  didn't wait for a better sale or free shipping because I wanted the grill ASAP.  I also figured there might be a long wait between shipments or something and wanted to play it safe.  

Once again, I am hoping I'll be told the grill is sitting there waiting to ship and it is a computer issue on their end, but I doubt that will be the case.  My only complaints on Classic prior to this was basically needing a catalog in hand to type in part numbers online, and their shipping fees (although Year One is still worse about that...It is funny how I can order something, get it in, and then ship the same, unopened package to anyone else in the continental US via the same carrier for fractions of the price).  

I'll PM the guy on here first, and then have to try and deal with them via phone tomorrow...My free time is late and makes things complicated for working out BS issues that shouldn't exist.

Still excited about the grill, just really pissed off to see my order get shelved  :RantExplode:

Ouch, i'd be upset as well. i'm sure they will have an explination for you just like when the price jumped up. that too was a accounting/calculation error, maybe the same happened here.
:stirthepot:

i hope all works out for you

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Troy

Quote from: TexasStroker on November 11, 2014, 12:17:32 AM

I also noticed that the grill is now out-of-stock.  I was debating waiting for a potential Black Friday deal that might have included Free Freight, but it seems like I remember something like OS items not getting in on that...Glad I pulled the trigger when I did.  Things are finally falling in place for the 68-70s who have patiently waited.

luke

Well, I had planned to do an unboxing upon getting the grill...I figured I must have ordered the last one "in stock" or a few other people came in right after me and got the last one.  I've been checking back religiously to see if it has shipped.  The order status page always had the grill up top (in stock) and the brackets down below "out of stock."  I know they have sent me e-mails in the past, but I was so excited I've been manually checking for any update what so ever...

I came in tonight and checked and they have now moved the grill to the same lower portion with the brackets.  I was charged for the grill because it was "in stock" when I ordered it.  When they sent the order confirmation it shows that I am only being charged for what was in stock (the grill) and showed the pending charges for the brackets.  Not wanting to jump the gun, I logged in to my charge card account and there is the charge from Classic right when I ordered it.

I am not one to candy coat things...I am pretty pissed off.  I'd really love an explanation on this one.  Item was in stock when I ordered, I was billed for the "in stock" grill, it never shipped...it stayed "in stock" on my order status page, and then tonight it is moved down with the brackets.  What I'm the most pissed about is just the lost transit time and now the fact I have to deal on something that should have been a done deal.  Basically wastes my time.

I've bought a lot from Classic since they opened up to Mopars.  I've pushed for a few new products and done my best to promote them.  A big reason for this is a long string of bad experiences with Year One...one of which started eerily similar to this transaction.

All I can figure right now is my order is sitting there waiting to ship and someone "important" called in or something...I seriously doubt there was sufficient stock to screw up a quantity count upon the initial inventory.  I am optimistic they will make this right, but I will be very reluctant to believe any stories about how the grill was ordered, paid for, and waiting to ship only to change status to "out of stock" on my order page.  I  didn't wait for a better sale or free shipping because I wanted the grill ASAP.  I also figured there might be a long wait between shipments or something and wanted to play it safe. 

Once again, I am hoping I'll be told the grill is sitting there waiting to ship and it is a computer issue on their end, but I doubt that will be the case.  My only complaints on Classic prior to this was basically needing a catalog in hand to type in part numbers online, and their shipping fees (although Year One is still worse about that...It is funny how I can order something, get it in, and then ship the same, unopened package to anyone else in the continental US via the same carrier for fractions of the price). 

Still excited about the grill, just really pissed off to see my order get shelved  :RantExplode:
That sucks! I do have to say that I worked in mail order for many years and just because you (the company) think you have an item on the shelf it isn't always the case. The bottom row on a skid can see some damage, an oaf could drop it or back over it, or parts could have been scavenged to replace another broken one without the stock count being changed. None of these are malicious. Depending on how their software works it may have actually sold the "last" grill to multiple people and whoever had their order printed first got it. That's assuming the grills were "in stock" at their own warehouse. So much these days is "drop shipped" that there is a delay between when the order is entered at the Vendor and when it finally makes it to the manufacturer/wholesaler.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

lukedukem

My grille was suppose to be delivered today but it's 8:45pm texas time, and nothing. Tracking still says out for delivery. I have to wake up at 2:30 to go into work early. I hope they have insurance cause I need to get to bed and it will have to sit on the porch. Hope none steals it. I know this is ups and not classic issue but damn, I can't catch a break. I just hope it's all good when I do get it and it's not beat to shit.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

TexasStroker

Very true Troy...I deal with inventory management at work, do a lot of shipping, AND do the purchasing; those experiences combine to play out nightmarish situations in my head.  Some of the things I've seen when I load/unload a freight truck are truly mind blowing.  The last 5 years or so it has gotten harder and harder to find people that even stock the parts they build their business around.  Castings use to be the big wild card, but I was always given a good ETA, which is usually beaten by 3-5 days.  Now castings are one of the more reliable things to order.  Simple parts are drop shipped as fewer and fewer stock what they sell (various reasons, a lot to do with taxes etc).  Given this was a new product, I figured they were brought in as a pretty small first run and was disappointed something simplistically unfortunate could have happened. 

I'm basing this all off of my trial and error scoring a few parts from them the last year or two, including the Upper Door Panel pads and dash pad.  Every time there was a sale they were out of stock...I finally caught them in stock, put in the order, and did my same "religious checking" and they went out of stock that night, but shipped within a day or two.  The dash pad had been out awhile and I caught it in stock and it also shipped within 2 days.  Both of these were monitored closely, so I was confident enough telling friends I had a grill coming based on my order.

In all honesty, if my computer wouldn't have had the powelik crud going on I would have seen this thread on Day 1 and bought it immediately just to avoid a deal where I waited only to find that turned into 6 months for the next round etc...even if it was in one of the rare time frames with no promotions.  I know crazy stuff happens (ie a fire at the plant that destroys a mold etc) and I'd rather have jumped at the opportunity then deal with regret.

However, all of that is moot now  :icon_smile_big:

I got out of the dentist (great start to the day, no?) and had an e-mail from Classic that the warehouse informed them the grill was out of stock and I would be getting a refund.  I had PMd Ray last night when I updated here and was hoping he'd magically turn up a misshelved box, or just tell me the one slated for my order was waffled upon arrival etc. like Troy mentioned.  He said he'd have someone check in on it...

At this point I was just hoping they'd honor the 20% and have me and anyone else in the same boat at the top of the list when it came in and toss in a hat, or better shipping etc.

I got a call at work and was bracing for the "so sorry, you're #1 on the list etc...and we'll throw in a shirt."  Amazingly enough the guy apologized and said that someone had pulled the grill for my order and then left it in a bin...I guess when they continued on to complete it the next person couldn't find one and relayed the "out of stock" message.  He said he checked it for damage and was expediting the shipping and I should see it Friday  :2thumbs:  I am just relieved it was a simple error in the warehouse and I won't wind up stalking the stock status for the next X weeks.  I am hoping it is in tact and not damaged...the turn of events seems too good to be true, lol.

I'm not sure I can adequately express how excited I was when I found this thread...After I ordered the grill I sent screen caps to 4 friends.  That probably sounds pretty lame, but this was that big of a deal to me and the timing couldn't be better with what I've got going (haven't gotten to post that I FINALLY got a lower rad brace after about 3 years of trying, haha).  I'm stoked to finally have all this come together for the Charger.

Anyway, if all goes well (looking at you FedEx) I should have the grill Friday and will try to get the video up this weekend...unboxings aren't everyone's cup of tea, but if you are going to shell out 1k on something it is nice to see what you get.  I'll be sure to get a lot of pictures and make sure they match up with those previously posted quality wise.

This is the second time I've had to deal with customer service at Classic and both have resulted in positive and better than expected outcomes.  That is quite rare these days and much appreciated!

Sorry for the long post, but it is 330 AM and I'm tired and really excited.  Friday can't come soon enough!

Hope the grill arrives and remains safe Luke.

As a few others mentioned I'm also curious how many are in this initial run.  Assuming it is a low number like I'm thinking, the quality of the parts should be very good and similar across the run.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

lukedukem

Quote from: lukedukem on November 11, 2014, 09:52:48 PM
My grille was suppose to be delivered today but it's 8:45pm texas time, and nothing. Tracking still says out for delivery. I have to wake up at 2:30 to go into work early. I hope they have insurance cause I need to get to bed and it will have to sit on the porch. Hope none steals it. I know this is ups and not classic issue but damn, I can't catch a break. I just hope it's all good when I do get it and it's not beat to shit.

Luke

well i woke up at 2am and no grille. i checked the tracking and it said "first attempt made" at 10:23pm. but there was no slip on the door or in the mailbox. so i'm thinking it got to late for the driver and he forged it. there was no ring or knock at my door. and if he did i wouldve been there. but theres nothing i can do about it. if i call ups they will tell me to suck on it. so now i wait again, hoping the driver can make it out to my house this time. i checked the tracking again and it said 4:35am out for delivery today 11/12/2014.
i guess i could be a dick and call ups and rat the guy out for not leaving a first attempt notice on my door.... wonder how many people where wiating like me yesterday.

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Ghoste

So still no word on when they'll be back in stock?

lukedukem

Quote from: Ghoste on November 12, 2014, 06:30:57 AM
So still no word on when they'll be back in stock?

haven't heard anything yet. i thought since they were out of stock, ray might come back on and let us know when they are getting more.

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

b5blue

I feel for you guys waiting! On a part of the car so important to the total finished look this is a big deal! I wonder how many they had made for first run and why they didn't advertize prior to get a feel for how many to release?  :scratchchin:  

lukedukem

Quote from: b5blue on November 12, 2014, 06:52:10 AM
I feel for you guys waiting! On a part of the car so important to the total finished look this is a big deal! I wonder how many they had made for first run and why they didn't advertize prior to get a feel for how many to release?  :scratchchin: 

i acctually PM'ed Ray and asked, this was the reply :

Hi lukedukem,

Plans are to make as many as we need to make to satisfy demand. There are no plans to stop making them at this time. However, please note that the initial run was a relatively small and limited number, and when they are gone, we will need to run them again.

after getting this answer, i pulled the trigger. glad i did cause now they are outta stock. now if i can get UPS to get it to me>>>

:popcrn:

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

TUFCAT

Wow....that was fast.  Could this be the fastest reproduction part sell out in history?  :shruggy:

Ghoste

They may not have made very many though, for all we know they knocked out a couple dozen to test demand and that was it.

6spd68

Quote from: Ghoste on November 12, 2014, 08:36:18 AM
They may not have made very many though, for all we know they knocked out a couple dozen to test demand and that was it.

I'm guessing 20-25 to test the waters.  They'll likely produce another run with similar #'s. 

If they go all out with the 68 grilles, and there's a Canadian distributor (Because F*** UPS AND THEIR BULL**** COST MY SOUL SHIPPING  :flame: ); I'll pick one up as an insurance policy for sure.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."