News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Creative Industries Then & Now.

Started by hemi-hampton, October 23, 2014, 09:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Then & Now.

Ghoste

WINGMAN

Are there any pics of the inside of creative industries when the work was done on 500s or Daytonas.  :shruggy: (Wingman).
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Ghoste

I've seen a couple but I would think there are more out there somewhere.  Hemigeno?  Odcics?

hemi-hampton

Another Pic. :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big: ::)

Indygenerallee

I am wondering why would they just not apply a 3M matte vinyl wrap on the hood instead of painting each one??? Seems like it would cost them more to paint the hoods?
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Homerr

Probably don't want the warranty issues of a wrap.

Ghoste

I think it would cheapen them image-wise too.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Not a fan of the all black hood myself....that cheapens the look IMHO.  Some sort of black out treatment would be cool.  The whole hood being black seems like the car is "unfinished" to me :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Indygenerallee

That's the thing with a 3M wrap they have a 10 year lifespan (I have seen cheap vinyl last longer than that) and if the customer does not like the black then just rip it off and go back to the stock color hood.. I gotta admit though the concept Challenger T/A looks sick with the black hood although the scoop looks more like a AAR Cuda piece.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 26, 2014, 07:05:16 PM
That's the thing with a 3M wrap they have a 10 year lifespan (I have seen cheap vinyl last longer than that) and if the customer does not like the black then just rip it off and go back to the stock color hood.. I gotta admit though the concept Challenger T/A looks sick with the black hood although the scoop looks more like a AAR Cuda piece.

And it's cool how the black extends out into the fenders and on the header panel( bumper cover). Very cool looking. If that's how the hellcats are getting it I will like it, but if it's jut the hood ,then I be inclined to side with Chris. It would look cheap and unfinished.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Indygenerallee

Charger-Bodie that's what makes the new T/A concept look bad ass is the black on the header panel (which the original Challenger never had, hood went to the very front) new Challenger is more Cuda like body wise That's when I saw the T/A concept I thought FINALLY!!! They continued the hood blackout all the way to the front like a original T/A would have been!!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 26, 2014, 09:42:44 PM
Charger-Bodie that's what makes the new T/A concept look bad ass is the black on the header panel (which the original Challenger never had, hood went to the very front) new Challenger is more Cuda like body wise That's when I saw the T/A concept I thought FINALLY!!! They continued the hood blackout all the way to the front like a original T/A would have been!!!

But not quite all the way too the front. That's what makes it imo.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TUFCAT

Guys, from what I've seen so far the hood blackout option is only satin black on the hood itself, no other panels.

Like this sublime HCat in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU84OwhbpBU#t=477

Aero426

Quote from: WINGMAN on October 24, 2014, 08:44:13 AM
  Are there any pics of the inside of creative industries when the work was done on 500s or Daytonas.  :shruggy: (Wingman).

I have not seen any photos of the inside of Creative Industries showing 500s or Daytonas being worked on.     There are some photos of a Superbird prototype being mocked up, but I'm not sure whether those are from Ten Mile Road or the Outer Drive location. 

Aero426

These are great cars, but frankly, they probably will never have the cache of the Daytona.    At the moment, they are the flavor of the month.

Ghoste

Quote from: Aero426 on October 26, 2014, 11:18:16 PM
Quote from: WINGMAN on October 24, 2014, 08:44:13 AM

I have not seen any photos of the inside of Creative Industries showing 500s or Daytonas being worked on.     There are some photos of a Superbird prototype being mocked up, but I'm not sure whether those are from Ten Mile Road or the Outer Drive location. 

That must be the ones I'm thinking of then, is there a Daytona deck lid in the background or something of one?

Aero426

Yes, there are some Daytona bits in the background.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 23, 2014, 09:16:01 PM
Then & Now.

Creative is long since gone and one picture shows the carrier on the street & the other is taken in a parking lot. Not to sound dense, but what's the correlation between the two pictures?      :shruggy:

moparnation74

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 27, 2014, 09:00:37 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 23, 2014, 09:16:01 PM
Then & Now.

Creative is long since gone and one picture shows the carrier on the street & the other is taken in a parking lot. Not to sound dense, but what's the correlation between the two pictures?      :shruggy:
I wondered the same thing myself.

Aero426

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 27, 2014, 09:00:37 AM

No direct relationship to Creative or the actual sites where events took place.     I get it that it is the "special" cars grouped together before shipment to dealers.    Similar to the lineup of Superbirds near  Lynch Road. 

Ghoste

I believe the relationship is that the Hellcat hoods are being painted in the same building used by Creative back when to do Daytona's. 

Mytur Binsdirti

From what I understand, the Hellcats are on the regular production line.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 27, 2014, 01:21:44 PM
From what I understand, the Hellcats are on the regular production line.

A friend here in Houston ordered one months ago and getting one delay after another. Apparently there is a commission on investigating dealership fraud such that they are ordering cars against people instead of getting them as sales bank inventory. She keeps getting the run-around......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mytur Binsdirti

This doesn't look like the old Creative plant to me....