News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Voltage regulator prices...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, November 01, 2014, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Man the little rectangle silver one is freakin 25 bucks at rock auto and the new style 1970 large silver box one is 8 bucks but requires a pigtail for 2 bucks....went ahead and got me 1970 and up v.r. Style and 3 extra pigtails and 3 v.r.

A383Wing

hope you got the dual field 70 & up alternator to go with it

1974dodgecharger

Arent they all dual field just one is grounded to case and the pos goes to field pre 70? Got it all wired up charges good so far at idle.

Pete in NH

If you look at the Rockauto listings on these regulators you will see both Standard Motor and Airtex/Wells have two different part numbers. In both cases the $8 to $9 parts are a "value line". Value line = made in China. They also both list made in USA parts in the $ 20 range. Just another case of you get what you pay for. The $8 parts might work just fine, for how long might be another question.

For sure, that part can not be made and sold at a profit for $8 in this country. If you think about it, that regulator must be leaving China for just a few dollars. You have to wonder what's in there for that price and how may corners were cut.

1974dodgecharger

I bought the little square one before for 40 dollars, 25 dollars also they all die on me after 3 to 6 months.  I read at allpar if u have electronic dizzy u need to switch over to 1970 v.r. style....if these die on me every 3 months im fine with that thats 8 bucks every 3 months vs 25 every 3.

The new .v.r. keeps my voltage higher and stable so it seems.....so far.