News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kudos to TRI-CITY PLATING

Started by Nickrc3, October 19, 2014, 12:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickrc3

Several weeks back I packaged up both bumpers from my 68' Charger project and shipped to Tri-City Plating - http://tricityplating.com. on the recommendation of my friends here at dodgecharger.com. They are the originals, with all the dents, gouges and twists from my reckless teenage days of 1976.
Just received them back yesterday afternoon and cannot express enough my satisfaction in the quality, pricing and overall appearance, along with the high level of customer support Porter and his Staff @ Tri-City provided.
I only wish they performed restoration/chroming services to the many small pieces such as tail lights, mirrors, door handles emblems, etc. My quotes for these have been insane. Thank goodness for the selection of reproduction items available.

Thanks, to you and Tri-City Plating!

moparnation74

They have done the plating on my bumpers and they are top notch!

Indygenerallee

Those look super nice!! Gotta love newly chromed parts!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

CDN72SE

Very very nice nothing like new shiny chrome.
1972 Charger SE

plasticman-32

what was your cost?
they look amazing  :drool5:

Dino

I could look at those all day.   :coolgleamA:    :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Nickrc3

Quotewhat was your cost?

$325 each.   Bumperettes - $40 each.

Ghoste

Thats pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Dino

I have to agree.  That makes rechroming vs buying repros a no brainer.

jaak

Quote from: Nickrc3 on October 21, 2014, 08:17:27 PM
Quotewhat was your cost?

$325 each.   Bumperettes - $40 each.

Wow thats a great price, and I always hear good things about Tricities. I got a quote locally and they wanted 475 a bumper and 50 each per bumperette.... that's why I bought AMD (they were 315 each). I think next time I will use Tricities.

Jason

PlainfieldCharger

Great Price!! Just curious, how do you know that you got back the same item. I had 3 different used rear bumpers on mine and each one fit different with only one being right on. This one is about an 8. I want to re-chrome it  but I am concerned that I will get someone else core.

will

My bumpers came back with the first 3 letters of my last name etched on the back of the bumper...

Nickrc3

QuoteGreat Price!! Just curious, how do you know that you got back the same item.

I had bead-blasted the backsides and uncovered some deep pitting which was easily identified upon receipt of the bumpers. In addition, I also marked them.
Learned this year's ago, catching a Dealership red-handed. They claimed to replace a master cylinder which was still under warranty, however, their 'replacement' had the last four of my S.S.N.'s inscribed in an obscure location.
A Dremel tool w/ carbide bit does wonders.

PlainfieldCharger

Just the type of information I was looking for :o :cheers:
I was thinking about something like that but thought the process might remove it.... :2thumbs:

Tscott38

they just did me the same way - excellent work and good folks to deal with.  The bumpers are perfect.  This is the type of company you want to do business with.  mine was the same price as quoted for nickrc3 plus shipping , which was $60 for 400 miles, and I got them in two days. 

paironines

Tricities did mine and they were top notch as well. I engraved my name in the back of the bumpers just to see if I got mine back and I did.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Dino on October 22, 2014, 06:10:23 AM

Aslong as your in the U.S :P

Cheapest quote i got up here in Canada is $1200 to rechrome my 70 front bumper.

ChargerST

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on November 05, 2014, 03:08:34 PM

you're better of buying a new front bumper from AMD... just $360..

Dino

Contact Tri-City and ask them how much shipping is to Canada.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Dino on November 05, 2014, 04:08:22 PM
I have to agree.  That makes rechroming vs buying repros a no brainer.

Contact Tri-City and ask them how much shipping is to Canada.

I tried that too. You would need to buy the core as shipping these heavy beasts is expensive across border. Not to mention the bogus brojkerage charges from ups/fed ex.
Was $500 plus shipping. At the time shipping was going to be freight at around $200 if i recall. Then broker fees and taxes at border ended up over $1000.

I'm going to buy an AMD repro. Heck most of the car is AMD anyways lol.

Mind you im sure the quality of a tri city is far superior to the chinese AMD bumper.

Dino

Grab your ankles and make a wish!   :eek2:  Sorry you're being raped over this.

Yep I'd go the AMD route myself in this case. 

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Dino on November 05, 2014, 04:47:41 PM

LOL nature of the game up here man I have had the lube out for years. Everything is 50% more expensive. Example snowplows built in Ontario i got a quote $7000. The same plow selling from a dealer in Nj was $5k. Go figure.

Dino

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on November 05, 2014, 04:50:26 PM
Quote from: Dino on November 05, 2014, 04:47:41 PM

LOL nature of the game up here man I have had the lube out for years. Everything is 50% more expensive. Example snowplows built in Ontario i got a quote $7000. The same plow selling from a dealer in Nj was $5k. Go figure.

Damn!  I grew up in Belgium were we're used to being taxed up the wazoo.  I had hoped it would not be as bad here but the world only turns in one direction.