News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone installed this radio?

Started by ramairthree, October 23, 2014, 11:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

One of the folks got one but I don't remember of it was her or BBodysOnly or third gen forum.
I wish that had been available when I did mine.  I did get the five hundred plus one and am NOT happy with it.
The only thing I don't like about that one is the knobs look General Motors to me. But if you can put the correct knobs on it, I'd say go for it.

twodko

It's crap. Buy a SecretAudio stereo, you'll be a very happy camper.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

71charger_fan

I bought one, but have not yet installed it. Rectangular face almost, but doesn't quite fit through the dash opening to I'm going to need a square block and sandpaper to open it up just a little.

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: twodko on October 23, 2014, 04:10:24 PM
It's crap. Buy a SecretAudio stereo, you'll be a very happy camper.
Did not have good luck with my New Retro radio. These units seem to switch back and forth between the radio and ipod when there is "low volume" playing on the ipod mode,it will switch to the radio. After some research a year ago it appears that all of the "retro" radio work in this manner. These units look great and do work,if  your driving your car to the close shows, but I drive my car for hours at a time and the radio was a big disappointment. Went to a Secret Audio with an external amp. It is not the end all be all but it worked better with the Ipod has all the power I need and I like the remote controller to switch songs while I am driving.  :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

I'm happy with the sound of the Mopar unit. Everything is easily controlled by your right foot.  :nana:

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 24, 2014, 08:48:52 AM
I'm happy with the sound of the Mopar unit. Everything is easily controlled by your right foot.  :nana:
LOL, That is my favorite song! :lol:

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: ramairthree on October 24, 2014, 09:07:07 AM
How much do the secret audio ones run?
about 300.00 and get an external high power amp so you can run the system on the lower volume settings. Sound stays cleaner that way. :2thumbs: