News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash Wire Question

Started by JamieZ, October 18, 2014, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieZ

I'm trying to figure out where one of the wires on the passenger side of the instrument cluster goes.  When I took the dash out, I put numbers on them all and labelled them.  The wire in question is labelled 84 (looks to be brown/black?/grey? with a tracer) in this picture:

My notes say "Key" but I have no idea where it connects.

Other wires in that group are the multi plug 5 connector for the wipers, the single wire of the wiper (red), 2 wires for the washer (brown),  and the 2 ammeter wires (red and black).

Any help would be appreciated.

moparnation74

I think that goes to your accessory light above your ignition switch, or key light.

JamieZ

I thought that as well, but that is already connected.
That is the yellow wire which connects to a wire that feeds from that silver cylinder relay

Looking at it from the side I just can't see anything that's missing a wire.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JamieZ

Washer takes the 2 brown wires  that are next to it.

Charger-Bodie

do you have 2 or 3 speed wipers?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

JamieZ

Switch reads: "High" "." "Off" so I am guessing 2 speed

Charger-Bodie

The wire in question looks brown with a white tracer? If it's a two speed car you will have a wire over there not used.

JamieZ

Yes it's brown with a tracer.  Weird that I labelled it "Key" if it connected to nothing. Thanks for the help!

Dino

It's for the 3 speed wiper so it's not connected if you have 2 speed wipers.  Tape it into the harness and ignore.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.