News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally! New AMD 70 Charger front bumpers

Started by b5blue, October 18, 2014, 08:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

Daymn! Didn't see that coming. Certainly seems a fair price being the bumper is twice that of a '69. Could be an investment possibility
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

hemi-hampton

Price not bad considering it can cost you more then that just to re chrome you old original. LEON. :scratchchin: :2thumbs:

charger_fan_4ever

I know what i want for xmas :)
Thanks for the link.

Up here in canada cheapeat i have been quoted is $1200 to rechrome.

b5blue

You are welcome!  :2thumbs: My new AMD rear bumper arrived today, not "perfect" but will do for my driver. Had I known the fronts were coming I'd not bought the bumper/grill I got last year off eBay. When you guys get one be sure to post pics and tell us what you think! I started to hold off installing my grill/bumper to get one of these but glad I didn't wait, they took a lot longer to get listed. (My crap tends to loose parts and get broken sitting around waiting.  :lol: )

hemi-hampton

B5blue, curious how much your front bumper & grill cost you on ebay? THANKS, LEON. :scratchchin:

69rtse4spd

70 fenders next  :shruggy:. May have to put an order in for the Indy meet, save shipping. Wanting to see how they look & fit, anyone order one yet.

b5blue

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 22, 2014, 06:22:44 PM
B5blue, curious how much your front bumper & grill cost you on ebay? THANKS, LEON. :scratchchin:
Right around a grand shipped. That's why I bought it. Remove and tear down my bumper/grill, pack and ship to rechrome.....wait. (With car disabled and parts laying around.) Pay for rechrome and return shipping. The 2X shipping and the wait were big concerns, damage in shipping I see everyday in my Logistics job. The waiting....I'm at someones mercy there? The grill was less of a concern then the bumper but I got lucky it was really in very good condition. I had no clue at the time these new bumpers were coming and the junkyard sent me all the extra pics to see how good the bumper was so at worst I had 2x assembly's so the car would not be crippled. (My personal rule #1, never cripple the car for any reason!)
Unlike 68-69 Chargers, 70's have the large reinforcement bracket "sandwiched" behind the chromed hoop. Crap gets between the 2 parts and they rust badly from inside where you can't see. That's a great reason you can get new now! 

hemi-hampton