News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel repair

Started by RealWing, October 16, 2014, 01:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealWing

I had a wheel come loose on my Superbird (probably because of my own stupidity in not double checking torques :brickwall:) and it has damaged the bolt holes (and also the studs)
Since it is an original date coded Rallye wheel (15"x7") 2944390, does anyone know of a company that can weld repair and machine new holes???? First preference would be a company in Canada.
Failing that, I'll have to find another wheel.
Thx
Jim
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S
1969 Barracuda convertible  6.1 L Hemi
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

Indygenerallee

I have never seen anyone weld lug holes, The only option I would see would be to have a new center section welded into the original hoop. I would call Stockton wheel and ask them.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hemigeno

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 16, 2014, 01:56:24 PM
I have never seen anyone weld lug holes, The only option I would see would be to have a new center section welded into the original hoop. I would call Stockton wheel and ask them.

:iagree:

Stockton can indeed weld a new center section into your original, date-coded outer rim, but I doubt if they will be willing to weld around or otherwise repair your existing lug holes.  It would be better if you had an acceptable used OEM center section to send with your damaged rim.  The reason is because their refurbished or rechromed center sections will not match your other 3 original wheels.  DAMHIK   :brickwall:   Even though cutting out a center section from one wheel and welding it to a different outer rim sounds like a lot of trouble to go through, it is probably easier than finding a specific dated rim - unless you get really lucky searching or already have a line on one.

When I was exploring whether to work with Stockton, I found it was much more informative to speak with the guys out in the shop rather than the phone/counter guy.  They were the ones who understood (conceptually) what I was trying to accomplish... although they may still be shaking their head about that overly-picky nutcase Mopar guy from Missouri.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Daytona R/T SE

If I'm not mistaken,

The center sections of both the 14" and 15" rallye wheels are the same.

The difference between the 14" and 15" rallye wheels is in the outer rim.

14" rallye wheels can be had for next to nothing. :Twocents:

( I just gave away 5 of them a few weeks ago. )