News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hughes Performance Convertors

Started by moparnation74, September 23, 2014, 09:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

I was looking at their 11" 2200-2500 stall Number 24-25

Does anyone have any input on these convertors?

fy469rtse

Basically just a looser stall then stock, look at some thing around 3 to 3500 ,
Look at internal upgrades if going behind performance built engine with increased HP , also at the same time replace another weak point , flex plate , SFI approved one

War wagon

You should look into dynamic converters and speak too frank lupo. They make the BEST for Mopars IMHO
I run a 4200rpm in mine and my father has a 5500rpm in his. Awesome converters!!!! Not cheap....

70-500-SE-EXPORT

I have heard they are a good converter. I have a ACC 2200-2500 and I love it. Huge improvement over stock and a perfect stall speed for street driving on my 383.
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

firefighter3931

For a mild or stockish build the Hughes converter works fine. My buddy Denis installed one in his 66 Charger with a mildly built 440 and it drives fantastic. Flashes up to 2500 or so in his car and lights the tires up no problem.  :2thumbs:

There are better converters out there but they usually cost twice the price.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Nickrc3

I chose the PTC 'street Hemi' converter from Ron's recommendation.  Very satisfied. PTC was great to deal with, and pricing w/ shipping very reasonable. Performance is awesome with my Mopar 284/484 camshaft!

Paul G

I have one in my Charger. It is a lock up converter to go along with the A518 trans. It was pricey, but Hughes is local. No problems with it so far.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

moparnation74

Guys, I really appreciate all of your advice.  Thank you

I decided to go with a convertor from Frank Lupo

firefighter3931

Quote from: moparnation74 on October 11, 2014, 09:04:05 PM

Dynamic makes a top shelf product....great choice !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

War wagon

Quote from: moparnation74 on October 11, 2014, 09:04:05 PM

:2thumbs: :cheers: they make a great product that works

Highbanked Hauler

Somewhere I heard or read that with a high stall speed  if you don't get up to that RPM., say street driving that you build extreme heat in the converter. Is that true ? :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

War wagon

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on October 17, 2014, 02:50:04 PM
Somewhere I heard or read that with a high stall speed  if you don't get up to that RPM., say street driving that you build extreme heat in the converter. Is that true ? :shruggy:

I run 2 trans coolers on mine in line and it works well  :2thumbs:
Just over 6,000miles in past two summers  :icon_smile_big:
My Fathers belvedere runs a 5,500 rpm stall and is street driven, he has the same set up as I do with 2 coolers in line.
No issues with his either  :2thumbs: