News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gen discovery

Started by nh_mopar_fan, March 21, 2006, 04:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: Dennis K on March 21, 2006, 06:39:21 PM
According to the VIN, it's a 383 2bbl car, and I don't see anything that looks like a factory 4-speed floor, so I'm betting it was converted to a 4-speed. Lots of good parts, but unfortunately probably not saveable.

It's hard to tell by that picture whether it's got the hump or not. If the fender tag is still there that would help solve the mystery.

Silver R/T

My r/t was found in much worse condition, and Im working on it. This car should be saved IMO. I wouldnt mind getting it if it was closer
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

nh_mopar_fan

I believe the car is in CT. Here is what else he had to say:

"I did find a couple 1966 Valiants, 1 1965 Barracuda,
Fenders
for a 65 Valiant/ Barracuda just sitting in the back of an old 1930's
pick up truck. A pair of 1967/1968 Barracuda coupes & many, many 1964/
1968 mustangs, some convertibles. Camaros & T-birds of all years.
Pontiac Tempests & GTOs.  Many cars from the 30's, 40's ,& 50's.  Some
in restorable condition...."

terrible one

The VIN won't show whether it's a 4 spd or not. Someone should go out there and look for the fender tag and buildsheet.

PocketThunder

Quote from: terrible one on March 22, 2006, 09:10:16 AM
The VIN won't show whether it's a 4 spd or not. Someone should go out there and look for the fender tag and buildsheet.

:yesnod:

Quote from: bull on March 22, 2006, 12:33:54 AM
Quote from: Dennis K on March 21, 2006, 06:39:21 PM
According to the VIN, it's a 383 2bbl car, and I don't see anything that looks like a factory 4-speed floor, so I'm betting it was converted to a 4-speed. Lots of good parts, but unfortunately probably not saveable.

It's hard to tell by that picture whether it's got the hump or not. If the fender tag is still there that would help solve the mystery.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tin_soldier

Dude I am in CT where is it at???  Has anyone spoken for it??  If not send me the address.  I will go check it out  :yesnod:

squeakfinder

The passenger side quarter has a seem where the vinyl top trim goes. I've seen one other car like that before. A quarter panel replacement from many year ago?
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Charger_Fan

Quote from: rotsparts on March 22, 2006, 12:07:54 PM
The passenger side quarter has a seem where the vinyl top trim goes. I've seen one other car like that before. A quarter panel replacement from many year ago?
It looks to me that it's the rotted remains of vinyl there, still stuck there from when someone snagged the piece of trim.
Poor Charger. :-[

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

nh_mopar_fan

I've sent him mail to see if he can give me the location.

JimShine

I can get it if nobody has spoken for it yet. It would take a long time to go through, but I can atleast get it out of the elements and start working on it in my free time.

My dad is in CT, I am just up in Maine. I can make a weekend trip out of it and see my old man at the same time.

squeakfinder

I think you'll be everybody on this site's hero if you can pull it off Jim Shine. Good Luck!
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

terrible one

Quote from: JimShine on March 22, 2006, 06:49:25 PM
I can get it if nobody has spoken for it yet. It would take a long time to go through, but I can atleast get it out of the elements and start working on it in my free time.

My dad is in CT, I am just up in Maine. I can make a weekend trip out of it and see my old man at the same time.

Go for it Jim! That would be awesome. Even better if the tag indicates its a factory 4 spd car. I wonder if it's readable.

JimShine

Even if it isn't a stock 4 speed, it wouldn't change much in my eyes, but I guess it would be a nice bonus. Let me know what the status is.

nh_mopar_fan

Question from the guy that found the car:

"I'm going back to the Junk Yard next week to take more pictures & poke
around a little more. I want to see how bad the rust is, maybe look for
the broadcast sheet (I doubt its still there), and really see if it's
feasible to pull this car back from the dead.

Anything I should look for in particular on this model other than the
obvious?"

Someone has told him that he can get $1500 for it on Ebay.....  :rotz:

terrible one

Lets hope it doesn't go on Ebay...if someone here could rescue it it would be cool.

I know this falls under "the obvious" but he should check for the fender tag and if it's there take a picture.

JimShine

SuBLimE 69

That car has been sitting for a long time.  Up north too !  I'd be scared it would break in half trying to put her onto a trailer.....but I quess that would make it easier to fit in my garage !  :icon_smile_big:  I hate to see them rot like that, I hope some gets it and brings it back to life.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

mally69

sombody restore this thing please yea its going to cost money but if you restore it correctly it will double that in a bout 10 years  hell any 68-70 charger price is doing nuthing but going up thats all it can do is go UP

parting it out in  my opinoin is just a waste yea youll get some fast cash but if it is RESTORED youll get ALOT more in the long run

JimShine

I am still interested, to save a Charger, not to make a buck. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but my cars are pure hobby.

terrible one

Quote from: JimShine on March 23, 2006, 11:07:27 PM
I am still interested, to save a Charger, not to make a buck. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but my cars are pure hobby.

Right on. Either way, it would be a cool car. Hope you can work something out Jim

mally69

hemihead

Looks like Crusher Bait!
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

moparsinbarns

Somebody NEEDS to go save this one. If I was u, just take a chain and a truck and drag it out of there, who cares if the owner notices if its gone. He probally wouldnt even care anyways. ^-^ :yesnod:
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

limey

A couple of you guys should get together and pull it out....imagine what a fantastic thread saga that could be?

Or if everyone chipped in with parts and or time, it could be a board resto project... ;D ;D

Take plenty of video from day one, then sell it all to discovery channel.... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

I can just see it...

(voice over)
"one cold March, a four guys, representatives of a worldwide groupe of enthusiasts drove out to rescue a classic Mopar from beyond the grave...."

Just don't ask Chip Foose along for the ride....it would end up with a bodykit and bling rims with spinners... ::)
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

terrible one

Any updates here? It definitly needs to be rescued...and then NOT Ebay'd :yesnod: