News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Boss's New Car

Started by Stevearino, October 14, 2014, 04:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevearino

The car lists for $60,000.00 and he goes and pays $825,000.00.  I think he might have paid too much :rofl:

Stevearino

Besides Hellcat #1 here is some other junk he had parked around.

Aero426

Bragging rights costs money.     :cheers:

And he didn't have to wait for it.

JB400

How well does the Stryker red pop in the sun? :popcrn:  I haven't seen a Stryker Red car in person yet.

Stevearino

Quote from: JB400 on October 14, 2014, 04:35:21 PM
How well does the Stryker red pop in the sun? :popcrn:  I haven't seen a Stryker Red car in person yet.
It's pretty stunning. Sort of candy apple red.

1974dodgecharger

is the engine bay red also?  When they showed the documentary they kept the engine black which was the original color. 

Stevearino

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 14, 2014, 08:56:20 PM
is the engine bay red also?  When they showed the documentary they kept the engine black which was the original color.  
Didn't get a look in the engine bay. The thing is roped off. I'd be afraid to get that close.

Stevearino

Found out today that the car was painted a one off color. There will be no other Hellcats painted this particular red. It is not Stryker red. Also Rick took the keys so even if I had asked to see the engine bay no one can even unlock the doors. I did not know that there are two ignition keys. If you use one you will run with only half the horsepower that the engine is capable of and the other is for performance mode. You know , for if your kid wants to borrow it. :smilielol:

Highbanked Hauler

I thought Rick only bought GM stuff. I saw him spend towards 2 mil. in an hour at a B. J. auction a couple of years ago.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

charge69

I can't even imagine having 825k+ to spend on a car I will put a rope around and let people see from beyond the ropes! 

ws23rt

Since the proceeds of the sale went to charity wouldn't the buyer be entitled to a tax benefit? :shruggy:

Stevearino

Rick has over 80 dealerships nationwide of all brands. Chrysler is just his latest interest. Chrysler products are hot now and it was a sound business decision. He is a really ambitious guy who is always looking for new opportunities.

Quote from: ws23rt on October 15, 2014, 07:03:00 PM
Since the proceeds of the sale went to charity wouldn't the buyer be entitled to a tax benefit? :shruggy:

Undoubtedly

Indygenerallee

80 DEALERSHIPS!!! WOW  :o I knew he was a high roller but now I know why.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

familymopar

Quote from: Stevearino on October 15, 2014, 07:36:08 PM
Rick has over 80 dealerships nationwide of all brands. Chrysler is just his latest interest. Chrysler products are hot now and it was a sound business decision. He is a really ambitious guy who is always looking for new opportunities.

Quote from: ws23rt on October 15, 2014, 07:03:00 PM

Undoubtedly

I think anything beyond FMV is a charitable write off that can be taken over 3 years.  Problem is figuring FMV on Hellcat #1.  If the FMV is anywhere near Hellcat retail + a paint job, and his income is high enough, he may have just saved money!  I doubt the feds will buy that FMV though.  Great collection!

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Homerr

I get that Rick is a roller, bought Hellcat #1, and has 80 dealerships, but who is he?   :shruggy:

JB400

Quote from: Homerr on October 15, 2014, 11:03:24 PM
I get that Rick is a roller, bought Hellcat #1, and has 80 dealerships, but who is he?   :shruggy:
Rick Hendrick , Nascar team owner of cars driven by Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kayne, and Dale. Jr., and co owner of car driven by Jimmie Johnson.  He's a big time car collector as well.  Usually buys the first production car of every collectable car.

1974dodgecharger

Highbanked Hauler

He will probably buy up NASCAR  when Humpy Wheeler looses interest, It will be something like "RICK'S RACING" :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser