News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LED bulbs

Started by stick, August 23, 2006, 04:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick

Can anybody tell me some sites to get LED bulbs to upgrade the dash cluster lights and all the other bulbs in our mopars. Has anybody done this upgrade need some advise. thanks Stick.

bull

Skull-1

Quote from: bull on August 24, 2006, 01:01:49 AM
http://www.whitegauges.net/led_light_bulbs.php

Sorry to bounce this but.....how many gauge lights are there?   My car is in the shop so I can't go look.

Was thinking I would get two green bulbs for the turn signals, a red one for the Pbrake, and the rest white.

Anyone have suggestions on what they did?

Would blue be better?
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

A383Wing

if you put the white ones in there for cluster lighting, it will look blue when turned on. If you put the white in the turn sockets, it will look green, and the white in the red park brake lens will look red....

Skull-1

Quote from: A383Wing on September 26, 2014, 10:37:08 PM
if you put the white ones in there for cluster lighting, it will look blue when turned on. If you put the white in the turn sockets, it will look green, and the white in the red park brake lens will look red....

Yes, but considering the brightness factor, would it not washout the colors?

Wouldn't going green for green make it a more vibrant green?    Overkill?
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

XH29N0G

:Twocents:  I did this and am glad I did, but in the process I found that some bulbs I chose were too tall to fit in the sockets I had.  I thought the brightest ones would be best, but if they don't fit, then that didn't help me much :shruggy:  I think I shopped at superbrightleds.com
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Dino

Just6T9 told me not to get the LED's for turn signal indicators and such as he had issues with them.  I run super bright white LED's in anything but turn signal indicators, high beam indicator and brake warning light and it all looks perfect.  I also had issues with some not fitting and the quality of some of these bulbs is atrocious.  I had several of them that were loose in the socket and couldn't be used.  You need real small bulbs for the ash tray and ignition switch light.

It's usually better to get the same color bulb as the lenses but I have to say the cluster is nice and blue with these white lights.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TexasStroker

I think I have an article/video from 3-4 years ago when I swapped the interior bulbs over...Just no clue where it is, lol.

I run LEDs in all my rides...burn cooler and easy on the eyes, at least in my opinion.  There are numerous light bulb conversions to LED you can find online...

It is a nice upgrade and you won't regret being able to see your instrumentation.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

4aThrill

some LED bulbs are not dimable, so your cluster will always be bright.  :Twocents:

Dino

Quote from: 4aThrill on October 02, 2014, 08:29:54 PM
some LED bulbs are not dimable, so your cluster will always be bright.  :Twocents:

I should video mine. Although the bulbs do dim, it's very little and I don't see the point of dimming them because they look so great as is.  But it's true they don't dim nearly as much as the stock bulbs.  Maybe other LED's dim better but I have not had the need to dim the cluster lights as of yet.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ODZKing

TS, do you have issues with the dimming?  Mine flicker and I had to put old ones back in.
Quote from: TexasStroker on September 27, 2014, 03:52:23 PM
I think I have an article/video from 3-4 years ago when I swapped the interior bulbs over...Just no clue where it is, lol.

I run LEDs in all my rides...burn cooler and easy on the eyes, at least in my opinion.  There are numerous light bulb conversions to LED you can find online...

It is a nice upgrade and you won't regret being able to see your instrumentation.

4aThrill

I put a couple relays in for my headlights it canceled out the flicker, helped out the hole system. I run my lights all the time, take notice to those gauges.

ODZKing

Quote from: 4aThrill on October 08, 2014, 09:16:51 PM
I put a couple relays in for my headlights it canceled out the flicker, helped out the hole system. I run my lights all the time, take notice to those gauges.
Thrill, explain the relys you mention.  :popcrn:

keith88

I just did mine you can find a picture here: http:  www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,113157.0 (go to last page for picture)

All i did was to replace the bulbs with the led equivalent. Try and get the ones that have the leds on all sides they work better. I just Google them got them pretty cheap on ebay or amazon.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

4aThrill

ODZKING,

here is a link http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33574.0.html

alot of upgrades that will bring everything together.