News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ordered a new Challenger r/t super track pack

Started by Charger-Bodie, October 09, 2014, 08:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

On ChallengerTalk.com I read that you can email Dodge.com and request a sales brochure. Some come with rebate or incentive coupons. The people that receive the coupons are chosen by some lottery. Some are for $500 off and in some cases, $1000 coupons have been reported.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 27, 2014, 04:56:24 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 27, 2014, 03:50:56 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 27, 2014, 01:41:55 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 27, 2014, 01:18:26 PM

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on November 27, 2014, 10:42:53 AM
This is the combo I want

The problem I have have is that most of the colors these come in , the bumper covers don't match the rest of the body. Black and torred do.

My bumper covers on my 2008 SRT8 match perfectly. I've seen a bunch of other coloured Challengers (and especially Chargers) that don't match what-so-ever. I was quite surprised at how well the bumper covers matched the rest of the body on the Sublime Scat Pack I saw last weekend at one of the dealers here. They are completely out to lunch on it though with a sticker price of $61,000 CAD! They have a Sublime SRT 392 at another dealer here with a $6,000 mark up on it.

Most of the colors match some of the time,but very few of them match every time. I saw a sublime one on a lot that the body looed like sasay grass and the bumpers looked like sublime. As the owner of a shop it would have driven me even more nuts,  :pullinghair: We deal with that problem all the time with collision repair.

Yep, I've definitely seen that here. My buddy got into an accident with his 2010 Charger a few years back. His car is Deep Water Blue. The bumper cover has an obvious shade of colour difference when the sun hits it.

Where the problem comes in is when a customer has an accident and only needs a bumper. There's two things that commonly happen . Either the ins. Co. Won't pay to blend or the customer car already has bumper that match horribly.which way do you choose to do the repair.make the bumper cover match , but have the other one still not match, or make the new one match like the orig. one did and take the chance that the customer is going to understand when you show them that's how it was before? Most ins. Cos. We deal with will pay to blend if the bumper  matched to start with. So many cars don't nowadays though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ramairthree

I was all set to order my RT Scat Pack 6.4 Shaker after waiting for months.

Literally days before my wife found her dream horse farm and I am buying a Gator and compact tractor instead. :rotz:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ramairthree on March 24, 2015, 01:56:14 PM
I was all set to order my RT Scat Pack 6.4 Shaker after waiting for months.

Literally days before my wife found her dream horse farm and I am buying a Gator and compact tractor instead. :rotz:

Hey thats cool too. Not a horse fan, but the rest of it will be cool! Congrats.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

71charger_fan

Last week, I traded my red 2010 SRT8 for a 2015 R/T Scat Pack.

Kern Dog

The wife and I took delivery of our R/T Super Track Pack two weeks ago:

Kern Dog

Charger-Bodie

Charger-Bodie

Got a little over 50 miles on mine now. What a nice tight quiet car. Very happy with the quality of the build. Fun car to drive too.

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

myk

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on April 18, 2015, 09:45:58 PM
Got a little over 50 miles on mine now. What a nice tight quiet car. Very happy with the quality of the build. Fun car to drive too.

Agreed.  I got to ride in a friend's '15 Challenger and it's obvious that muscle cars have come a log way from just 10 years ago...

472 R/T SE

As far as weight goes.  Not the Scat Pack but might give some idea of how they think.  The Italians have put car people instead of bean counters in charge imo.

I watched a You Tube video of J. Leno & the Dodge president talk about & go for a ride in a Hellcat Challenger.

I thought it was cool how the Dodge guy mentions yes they know it's heavy, they like it that way...no, they're not gonna make changes to lighten it up...and in order to shut some industry peeps up they gave the engineers a blank sheet of paper & told them to "get crazy to shut everyone up" with the horsepower or something to that affect.  Mopar's have always been heavy he says, we just have to make more power than the rest of the other guys.

Also is the 8 speed.  Listening to it shift was impressive, very quick.

The video's isn't cheesy & their Mopar talk was pretty accurate.

About 2:30 he starts talking about their reasons for keeping the 'cats heavyweights.

https://youtu.be/MWMjR3r-nsI

If you only want to hear them talk about the weight issues, you can start watching the video here.

69wannabe

My son in law traded his 2013 charger R/T in for a scat pack challenger, it is white with the black tail stripe on it and the black wheels. It's pretty for sure, he wasn't home when I went to their house so I didn't see the inside but I like what I saw. He said it will move!!! He was a mustang fan and he is a state trooper and after driving his charger patrol car he decided that mopar was where it's at so he bought him a charger and now he has the challenger. He is on the right track now, mopar or no car!!!!  :icon_smile_big: