News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ordered a new Challenger r/t super track pack

Started by Charger-Bodie, October 09, 2014, 08:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Decided to hold off on building a 70 charger and ordered a 15 Challenger R/t . 5.7 6 speed. Torred with black cloth.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

72Charger-SE

:drool5:
Cool!   Can't wait to ride in that!   Go Brian!
:icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

War wagon

:cheers: congrats

Personally I had No interest in the new challengers until this last refresh.
The new cars fixed all the weak points with the cars IMHO especially the interiors.
Post some pics when it comes in.  ;D

RIDELIKEHELL

I've been looking and building SCAT PACKS but can't pull the trigger
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

RallyeMike

QuoteThe new cars fixed all the weak points with the cars IMHO 

I have always thought the basic problem was the overall platform and weight (just small stuff  :lol:  ).
I would love to see them start over so they could lose the bulk (and bulky appearance), but after listening and reading up on all the Hellcat hype, Chrysler is touting the Challenger as being in it's own class related to the other pony cars - The "big" pony car. So, I'm not holding my breath that any of this will change soon.... or ever.

Congrats on your new car. Enjoy.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Lord Warlock

Weight really isn't much of a factor with the new challengers.  Sure they'd go faster if lighter, but then they wouldn't ride as well on the interstate, which is their best advantage over the other muscle type cars.  I've had my challenger r/t now for 4 years and love it still, only regret is that the 392 wasn't available when i got it.  The 6.1L didn't offer much to sway me to getting an srt8 at the time, but I would have gone with a 392 if it had been available.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

41husk

a side stripe realy breaks up the thick side profile and helps lose that bulky look.  Without the stripe it just looks to thick.  I went with the 70 sty;e stripe with SRT-8 cut out on the fender.  I like it.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

histoy

Congrats Brian.   You should love that Challenger.  We had a 2012 Challenger Hemi R/T that we sold after we purchased the Daytona from you.  The Challenger was fun to drive, but we really missed having an "old school" Mopar muscle car.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: histoy on October 10, 2014, 11:59:57 AM
Congrats Brian.   You should love that Challenger.  We had a 2012 Challenger Hemi R/T that we sold after we purchased the Daytona from you.  The Challenger was fun to drive, but we really missed having an "old school" Mopar muscle car.

Oh , I will not be without old school . I have the 68 440 r/t and the 69 r/t 4speed car with the 472 HEMI . I just really like what they have done with the 15 Challenger. Plus I'm looking to cut down on my personal workload.  I'm tired of busting ass on these things. I need a break.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mytur Binsdirti

You're going to love the Challenger!

On a related note, I wonder if my Hellcat is in there?

ramairthree

Great choice!

I have been daily driving one for over 6 years now. It may have the NAME and the LOOK of a classic pony car,
but it is the size and the niche of the old mid sized muscle car like the Charger or RR.  

People get worked up over the weight/size.

Well, you can buckle all three kids in the back, and have a huge trunk.  It may not handle as nice as the 5.0 GT Mustang, is about a quarter second slower in the quarter mile, but rides a lot nicer.

I am glad we have an option larger than a Mustang for a 2 door RWD V8.  If Dodge had not messed up, and called their sedan a Coronet or something instead of a Charger-
this car could have been made to look like a 2nd Gen Charger and called a damn Charger.  Size wise etc, it would have been better.  Plus, the Charger was like 10x as more popular and known than the Challenger.

I personally would shoot whoever wasted the Charger name/heritage on a sedan,
they may be some great sedans, but
a four door "Charger" ...  topic has been beat to death.

THEN,
some little 3300 pound car that looks like the Challenger could have came out and everyone raved over it being the right size and weight to crush Camaros and Mustangs.

BUT,
Dodge messed it all up.  So we are stuck with these huge, heavy, slow 4000+ plus Challengers.
After all, 13.2s on street tires, stock, is SO much slower than those fast, vintage muscle cars were.

13.21 was the best I could get out of it.  This is with 1/4 tank of gas, all seats in it, no tune, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeDd75UJPs

myk

10 years later people are still crying about this, lol.  Look on the bright side: the new Charger is superior to the original in every way except looks, so don't worry-Charger's performance heritage lives on...

TexasStroker

Congrats...hope the wait isn't too long...You will love your new Challenger  :2thumbs:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

bill440rt

That is excellent, Brian!!  :cheers:
Congrats on the new car, please post pics.  :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

SRT-440

Congrats!

The 5.7,6.1,6.4 and 6.2 are all awesome motors.

The challenger is big but that's what makes it awesome...if u want a drag car go buy a drag car...if u want a powerful daily driver, then it's the car for u.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

tcs69rt

I drive my 2011 RT 6-speed a few days a week to work. I think you will enjoy it, just be prepared for the horrible blind spots the rear pillars will hide cars and bikes in the right lane. I got used to it....enjoy!!!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Charger-Bodie

69rtse4spd

Have fun, we all got use to the blind spot in the 68-70's, & with out the passenger side mirror.   

Kern Dog

The way I understand it, the STP Option package includes the 20" Hyper black wheels, different brakes, a 3.07 axle ratio, rear view camera, stiffer shocks and the paddle shifters. I find it strange that the rear view camera is in that group. The wife wants a rear view camera and the only way to get it in the Base level R/T is with that Super Track pack group. She likes those wheels too.
No problem for me...Paddle shifters could be fun!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 02, 2014, 01:58:30 AM
The way I understand it, the STP Option package includes the 20" Hyper black wheels, different brakes, a 3.07 axle ratio, rear view camera, stiffer shocks and the paddle shifters. I find it strange that the rear view camera is in that group. The wife wants a rear view camera and the only way to get it in the Base level R/T is with that Super Track pack group. She likes those wheels too.
No problem for me...Paddle shifters could be fun!

It also includes Goodyear super car tires. The paddles will be lost on me though, cause I will be shifting the 6 speed!