News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2003 Dodge Viper With No Body

Started by mark0006, October 09, 2014, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark0006

This could an awesome project car.

from the article:
2003 dodge viper chassis runs and drives. Has 55,769 miles. 8.3 liter 505ci V10 500hp 525ftlbs torque, tremec t56 6 speed manual transmission.

6 pictures and full article

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Dino

This would be cool with a 30's or 40's car body on it.  That would turn a head or two.   :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Or really make them scream and put an early Vette body on it.

kab69440

Perfect starting point for a real life Mach 5! I'd take that!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Indygenerallee

That would look really cool with a aluminum body in the shape of a 30's boat tail car!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Dino

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 09, 2014, 04:28:14 PM
That would look really cool with a aluminum body in the shape of a 30's boat tail car!

Hell yeah!   :2thumbs:

War wagon

I'm thinking a hand made Prowler tribute, or similar style Hot Rod body , cobra Daytona coupe body Mmmmmm

Ponch ®

IIRC there was a guy on the internets building a Barris Batmobile replica on a Viper chassis.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

fy469rtse

or build a proper chrysler crossfire, how it should have come from the factory
viper underpinnings  :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

Id say it fine as it is. Just build a lightweight tube cage around it, get a couple of spoilers for down force, and turn it into a track monster - sort of like an Ariel Atom on steroids HGH.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

6spd68

That's not a bad price.  In Ontario ones like that come up every now and then priced between 16-23K.  I'm thinking I would just find the body panels, get the thing re certified with a proper title, and sell.  Use that money to build something better  :2thumbs:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Old Moparz

The possibilities are endless with all the plywood I have.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Homerr

Maybe Stevearino could start over with this, or do another.   :icon_smile_big:

Stevearino

Quote from: Homerr on October 10, 2014, 03:45:57 PM
Maybe Stevearino could start over with this, or do another.   :icon_smile_big:
Like I am not already in over my head. :eek2: The mind does reel with the possibilities though. :scratchchin:

pettybird

Quote from: kab69440 on October 09, 2014, 04:22:40 PM
Perfect starting point for a real life Mach 5! I'd take that!

This is the winning idea.  No further submissions required.

Stevearino

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: mark0006 on October 09, 2014, 03:49:42 PM
This could an awesome project car.

from the article:
2003 dodge viper chassis runs and drives. Has 55,769 miles. 8.3 liter 505ci V10 500hp 525ftlbs torque, tremec t56 6 speed manual transmission.

6 pictures and full article

Screw that car, gimme that Gladiator in the background!

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mike DC

QuoteId say it fine as it is. Just build a lightweight tube cage around it, get a couple of spoilers for down force, and turn it into a track monster - sort of like an Ariel Atom on steroids HGH.

Good idea.  But I'd use something a notch cheaper/slower.  That Viper chassis is still $15k.  You'd probably have just as much fun with an older chassis of some kind (corvette, viper, etc) costing half that much.  

Once you're exposed to the elements I think you're gonna notice the finer points less.  And it will still need some amount of modifying.  All the spring & shock & sway rates need to come down below stock just to make up for the weight loss.

The Ariel Atom is typical for the custom sports car industry.  Take a great idea for a cost-saving option, and polish it up to where it costs a ton.    

six-tee-nine

Or buy the cheapest 66-70 B-body you can find without engine and trans and buy a large stack of cutting discs and get going
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ghoste

Homerr

I was thinking AMX....

...but proportionally the AMX GT looks like it might be a good fit.

Stevearino

That Gremlin would be the ultimate sleeper. :lol:

Dino

Quote from: Stevearino on October 16, 2014, 07:15:57 PM
That Gremlin would be the ultimate sleeper. :lol:

I like it!  Can you imagine the heads that would turn?   :lol:

Stevearino

Come on man. That Gremlin would be cool.

Bobs69

Quote from: six-tee-nine on October 15, 2014, 06:29:40 AM
Or buy the cheapest 66-70 B-body you can find without engine and trans and buy a large stack of cutting discs and get going

Yup sounds great to me.

Would make a great start for say............................. a Viper build!