News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Long live Corky

Started by Ghoste, October 09, 2014, 05:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I don't remember this scene in the movie.

rt green

the booty cuda? don't think I've seen that.
third string oil changer

Ghoste

A low budget drive-in flick from 1972 with Robert Blake.  You haven't missed much.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068413/

sunfire69

WOW...King Richard was in it with Buddy Baker, Cale Yarbrough, Bobby and Donnie Allison....ok I gotta see is now...
and even Glen Wood from the Woods brothers.....

wingcar

It's a lack luster "B-movie" that is all the more depressing if you followed Robert Blake's highly publicized personal problems and trial a few years back.  Not a bad car movie all things considered and the fact that it has a customized Cuda (built by Korky's Kustoms, out of Southern California) is a plus.  But the whole movie is rather depressing as we follow a guy that will never get his crack at big time auto racing and descends into a self destructing behavior.  (In Blake's case: film imitating real life or the other way around....?)  
Bottomline: don't expect "Oscar" caliber acting or story line....just enjoy the cars.  
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

el dub

Reminds me of the joke about burning rubber and screaming women.  :D 
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

kab69440

Didn't that car make an appearance on Knight Rider? The same episode with the two hillbillies driving a moonshine powered 69 Charger with vector wheels?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

wingcar

The Corky Cuda was used in a 1976 Sears Die Hard Battery Commercial   

The 1969 Plymouth Fastback Cuda was built by Richard "Korky" Korkes.  It was actually one of four built for the movie, and at least one example still exists.  MCG did a story on the car many years ago.............
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

hemi-hampton

I remember in the 90's it was for sale in the local (Detroit) Auto Trader or Auto Swapper. Car was for sale in Indiana, maybe Indianapolis area. I thought price was cheap at $15,000 I think it was. LEON.

Ghoste

Car has held up better than Blake I bet.