News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where are most of the charger in the US?

Started by 68blue, October 07, 2014, 06:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgey68

im in country Victoria Australia and there is 9 68 chargers  in this area alone,
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

TPR

Well I know of at least 233 Second Gens we've taken from you.
Imports seem to have slowed down in recent times, since your dollar has strengthened.
I'm guessing they very rarely go back once they are here.
Sorry :D
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

hydroforce2

Quote from: dodgey68 on October 10, 2014, 03:24:20 AM
im in country Victoria Australia and there is 9 68 chargers  in this area alone,

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zO5fS7I4njFA.kn6uElIr_Ho0

message me if you would like to be added..
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 4 speed
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 auto
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 6" lift
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee - #3517 Black 4x4

69wannabe

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 07, 2014, 09:40:52 PM
Really most of the Mopar guy's I know are not the "show" type and neither am I, I doubt I ever take my car to a show when I get it done..... Maybe to the track but im not in to the sit around for a couple hours for a piece of worthless plastic. :Twocents:

X2!!! I agree completely  :yesnod:

ws23rt

Quote from: TPR on October 10, 2014, 06:11:38 AM
Well I know of at least 233 Second Gens we've taken from you.
Imports seem to have slowed down in recent times, since your dollar has strengthened.
I'm guessing they very rarely go back once they are here.
Sorry :D
TPR

No need to be sorry.  That they survived and are appreciated is what it's all about. :cheers:---It's a small world-- :lol:

familymopar

Quote from: hydroforce2 on October 08, 2014, 02:34:22 PM

I started this a couple months ago.. this is world wide

Hydro - I am on your map and think it is awesome.  I love seeing the disbursement of 68's out there and talking to the others.  You sir have done a service!

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

workworkwork

I have seen several in Maryland. I have a 68 and two 74s. They seem to come in two varieties. Either restored or in very bad need of restoration. Not too many in the middle that I have seen.

440 Fanatic

I went to a car show in Tupelo, Ms. last year that had almost 2000 cars registered. There were 3  68 Chargers there.. 2 in the show and mine in the parking lot (not show worthy, but I DROVE there in it :)  )   Also,  not a single 69 or 70 Charger in the show.  One of the 68s  was a RootBeer color factory 440  4 Speed.

xoman60

I've only seen a couple in my area, St.Pete, FL. I'm not into shows but I go to cruise nights and cars and coffee events. Mostly mustangs, Camaros and corvettes at those events. I drive my 69 several times a week so at least people know one old charger lives around here.

hydroforce2

Quote from: familymopar on October 10, 2014, 08:26:29 PM
Quote from: hydroforce2 on October 08, 2014, 02:34:22 PM

I started this a couple months ago.. this is world wide

Hydro - I am on your map and think it is awesome.  I love seeing the disbursement of 68's out there and talking to the others.  You sir have done a service!

Thank you!!!
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 4 speed
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 auto
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 6" lift
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee - #3517 Black 4x4

F8-4life

wingcar

One of the major benefits to attending car shows (if you are into doing that) with a Mopar is that your car will not be lost in a sea of "the same make and model".  You will be unique for the most part....same thing when you drive on the streets...chances are you will not see another (older) Mopar for miles if at all.....Chevy and Ford owners can't say that.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

LaOtto70Charger

I'm in the Auburn, IN area.  I used to see a dark green '68 around quite often at the Monroe muffler shop in town.  I heard of a 1969 that needed body work recently.  Also saw NorthstarV8's car last year or the year before in Fort Wayne.  Plus there is at least one General Lee and a couple other 2nd gen's that show up to the ACD cruise in.

I did see a color silver 4 door 60's dart at the Kroger this Sunday when I had my '70 out for a grocery run.  Parked on the otherside of the shopping cart corral from it completely by accident.

jaak

Quote from: 69wannabe on October 10, 2014, 06:32:51 PM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 07, 2014, 09:40:52 PM
Really most of the Mopar guy's I know are not the "show" type and neither am I, I doubt I ever take my car to a show when I get it done..... Maybe to the track but im not in to the sit around for a couple hours for a piece of worthless plastic. :Twocents:

X2!!! I agree completely  :yesnod:

X3, or that's my reasoning. When I first finished the 69 I drove it anytime I could. Now I get it out a couple times a month. So mine gets driven, but I don't do the car show thing. I like going, looking at cars and rummaging around swap meets, but don't get the 'fun' out of showing my car. After I finished it, I put it in a couple of shows raising money for charity, that was enough for me. That being said I know of 7-8 2nd gens within a 15 mile radius of me, all but a couple are running/driving cars, and I have only seen one of them at a car show (68 GL clone), so these guys don't show them either.

Jason