News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where are most of the charger in the US?

Started by 68blue, October 07, 2014, 06:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I am east of Toronto about an hour

Beside my car there is a guy with a 68 that he has had forever (think he will be burried in it someday)
Big block 4 spd and watched him drive it from black primer till he now has it painted Petty blue
I know where there is another 68 that the guy put a hemi in but the car is almost too good and do not see it out much
There is also another 68 black car red tail stripe driving around the area

Next town over ther is a 69 GL also out and about

So we have a few around here  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Bens340

im located in MA and theres a local cruise night everyother thursday, on a good night theres been about 2,000 cars ranging from imports, muscle, hot rods and trucks. ive only seen 4 or 5 2nd gen chargers, hardly ever see any on the street.
73' charger 340 rallye

68blue

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 07, 2014, 07:56:15 PM
Where do you live in Indiana? I live in Brazil (over by Terre Haute) I have a 69 and I know of 4 other 2nd gen Chargers just in my town alone. There are 3 2nd gens sitting over at Terre Haute International airport, about 10 more within Terre Haute. and this is just local to me. They are out there but mainly hidden behind garage doors and rarely driven.

I live in Bedford not too far away. I've seen a nice green 69 at a show in Holland, a blue heavily modified 68 at the big Washington show and a green 70 in Bloomington. Have only see one third gen car and that was in St. Antony. Maybe they are hidden around here and I'm just missing them. People at shows talk about owning them or remembering them, always interesting stories. Most all say mine is the first one they have seen in a long time.

Mike DC

Mopars are harder & more expensive to restore = they get driven less when finished.

EccentricMagpies

Where they are for sale could be another indicator.  Check out the thread LOOKING FOR DREAM CAR.  Plenty of 2nd gen chargers posted on there

I know of 4 2nd gens in the Cadott area itself.  Well, 3 for sure a 4th I simply seen.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Chad L. Magee

They are out there, but not always being driven or shown.  Between my collection and a good friend's collection, we own a total of 12 second gen Chargers.  (But, we know where many more of them are located should we need to buy another one or two for parts cars.  You can never have too many of them until you run out of room. :smilielol:)  Mine are all rare projects (in various stages, some are complete, some are rough body shells) while he is close to having one that is daily drivable (a 1968 with a NOM 440 auto in yellow).  I am content on working on them as time allows....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

hydroforce2

1968 Dodge Charger - 383 4 speed
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 auto
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 6" lift
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee - #3517 Black 4x4

6spd68

Quote from: 70 sublime on October 08, 2014, 08:30:15 AM

Beside my car there is a guy with a 68 that he has had forever (think he will be burried in it someday)
Big block 4 spd and watched him drive it from black primer till he now has it painted Petty blue
I know where there is another 68 that the guy put a hemi in but the car is almost too good and do not see it out much

That Purple 70 out by Gore's Landing is long gone eh?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Charger_Dart

Quote from: hydroforce2 on October 08, 2014, 02:34:22 PM
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zO5fS7I4njFA.kn6uElIr_Ho0

I started this a couple months ago.. this is world wide

That's a cool way to display were some 68's are located. What database are you working from? AFAIK there isn't a 68 registry... right?
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

hydroforce2

it's nothing "official" it's something i started just to see locations, answer questions and get some owners together. So far it's a success and many owners are chatting from all over the world.
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 4 speed
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 auto
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 6" lift
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee - #3517 Black 4x4

69rtse4spd

Fred

Quote from: moparnation74 on October 08, 2014, 08:18:53 AM
Or the envy! Sorry to be the one to point it out.

What an ignorant statement.

Ignorant?
I was referring to car clubs not shows.
I'm afraid the ignorance is yours if you believe there is no envy among club members, that is always the first place I encounter it.  It's human nature after all.
I've lived long enough to have encountered envy and even vindictiveness. If you haven't then you are truly blessed.

People could say the same to you just for owning a classic car. Whether you go to a show or not.

I'm sorry but I don't believe anyone that has seen my car would for one minute think I'm envious of someone else's.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Hard Charger

Quote from: Charger_Dart on October 08, 2014, 07:31:56 AM
Central New York Mopar Association puts on a decent show every year in September at Lebanon Valley Dragway. I think I counted 9 second generation Chargers in attendance this year. They were all nice!  :2thumbs:

so you go to the Valley too. Now I recognize your car.
funny I went to your car 3 times and took a s'load of pictures at that show last month.

the wife and I thought it was an old farts trailer queen that was never driven, it was that clean. no points off for the modern AC.

outstanding car, one of the best I have seen. equal with turbin boy's mango ride. I appreciate every car but I notice the effort of the detail of both your cars.

nice touch with bumper spacing and the black edges on the hood indicator lens. I'm giddy just thinking of it.

ws23rt

What an ignorant statement.  People could say the same to you just for owning a classic car. Whether you go to a show or not.
[/quote]

Surly you have made a knee jerk response.  I saw this and expected you to come back to fix it. :shruggy:
Sometimes we see something in a post that is misunderstood and just fire back. (I've done it).
As others have pointed out this forum is international and their are potential language issues to be careful with not to mention the age differences and kinds of humor that differ.
We also deal with the feeble minded.---Oops is that politically incorrect?  Perhaps someone can help me on this? :cheers:

Hard Charger

ws23rt

"than its not broken"

should be:
"then its not broken"

Just saying. :shruggy:

ws23rt

Quote from: Hard Charger on October 08, 2014, 08:16:20 PM
ws23rt

"than its not broken"

should be:
"then its not broken"

Just saying. :shruggy:

:2thumbs:
See what I mean :lol:

70 sublime

Quote from: 6spd68 on October 08, 2014, 02:36:34 PM

No I think it is still there just a little farther out of my area and was not counting it because I have never seen it in my area ( I know of one out around Ottawa too :icon_smile_cool:)

Oh and I forgot the guy that does the refrigeration work on the farm milk tank has a 68 with a 6 pack on it
I have only seen it out once in 10 years but he still has it
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

polywideblock

Ignorant?
I was referring to car clubs not shows.
I'm afraid the ignorance is yours if you believe there is no envy among club members, that is always the first place I encounter it.  It's human nature after all.
I've lived long enough to have encountered envy and even vindictiveness. If you haven't then you are truly blessed

now I do    :slap:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

Bit slow off the mark Poly but you got there in the end.  :2thumbs:  

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

moparnation74

Charger_Dart

Quote from: Hard Charger on October 08, 2014, 07:34:29 PM
Quote from: Charger_Dart on October 08, 2014, 07:31:56 AM
Central New York Mopar Association puts on a decent show every year in September at Lebanon Valley Dragway. I think I counted 9 second generation Chargers in attendance this year. They were all nice!  :2thumbs:

so you go to the Valley too. Now I recognize your car.
funny I went to your car 3 times and took a s'load of pictures at that show last month.

the wife and I thought it was an old farts trailer queen that was never driven, it was that clean. no points off for the modern AC.

outstanding car, one of the best I have seen. equal with turbin boy's mango ride. I appreciate every car but I notice the effort of the detail of both your cars.

nice touch with bumper spacing and the black edges on the hood indicator lens. I'm giddy just thinking of it.

Thanks Hard Charger for all the kind words concerning my car. Some would call me an old fart; our daughter seems to think so!!

I do own a open trailer, but the Charger or Dart only ride on it if whatever event we are going to is more then 3 hours away. To me the best times with the Charger are either driving it or working on it. It is just what I really enjoy doing for the past 24 years. She was built to be driven!  :cheers:

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

Dreamcar

Quote from: 70 sublime on October 08, 2014, 10:02:44 PM
Quote from: 6spd68 on October 08, 2014, 02:36:34 PM

No I think it is still there just a little farther out of my area and was not counting it because I have never seen it in my area ( I know of one out around Ottawa too :icon_smile_cool:)

Oh and I forgot the guy that does the refrigeration work on the farm milk tank has a 68 with a 6 pack on it
I have only seen it out once in 10 years but he still has it

Out around Ottawa...that woudl be me  :nana:

I've only ever seen one more 69 here...a black base model done up as an RT with a fuel injected 440. There's also a very nicely restored 70 (light blue or turquoise) that I haven't seen in two years, but it was around for a while.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

RIDELIKEHELL

I know of a handful near me in Southern Ontario
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Mytur Binsdirti

Dodge Don

I could pull by state but frankly it is a pain in the ass and will take too long.

70 Charger Registry by Country.....3,081 cars registered as of this second.

Australia - 17
Austria - 5
Belgium - 1
Canada - 150
Costa Rica - 1
Finland - 7
France - 1
Germany - 6
Hungary - 1
Iceland - 1
Italy - 3
Mexico - 3