News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering wheel suggestions?

Started by krigel, September 25, 2014, 01:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krigel

Tackling the interior this fall/winter. Looking for steering wheel options to replace the 16 factory wheel in my 68. I was going to go with a 14 inch wheel from Grant...Something like the GT or Elite GT wheel. What size steering wheels are people running that they like? Any pictures? Also, what adapter would be needed to get those wheels to the factory height.

terrible one

I just put in a Grant # 338. It's 13.5" diameter. I didn't use any adapters/ spacers aside from the Grant installation kit; the wheel has enough dish to not interfere with the turn signal lever, etc. I'm super happy with it, it was harder than I thought to find a simple, "no frills" wheel that I liked.  :2thumbs:

Dino

Not bad!   :2thumbs:

I have been toying with the idea of getting a wheel in the 14" range.  How much of the speedometer is blocked from view now and what about the small gauges?  It's never that big of a deal when you're driving but I'm just curious.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

terrible one

Quote from: Dino on September 25, 2014, 08:54:54 PM
Not bad!   :2thumbs:

I have been toying with the idea of getting a wheel in the 14" range.  How much of the speedometer is blocked from view now and what about the small gauges?  It's never that big of a deal when you're driving but I'm just curious.

Thanks Dino  :cheers:

I went out there today and experimented with the camera for a few minutes; this is pretty close to my view of the gauges when driving, looking straight ahead.

Dino

I could live with that.  I rarely look at any of the small gauges except fuel because they always show the same anyway!  Thanks for the picture!   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

WHITE AND RED 69

Here is my 14" wheel.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

krigel

Is that the Grant 1130? I was going to order that one today....

WHITE AND RED 69

Nope, it a Lecarra. It has a thicker grip than the Grant wheel.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

krigel

Mopar Nut

Here' one of mine, a Lecarra, without horn button.

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

krigel

Very nice. Might rethink my choice

krigel

Ended up with the Grant 1130. I love it. It looks good with the stock dash, and with the Hotchkis suspension, makes the car feel way better than the big wagon wheel from the factory. Worth every penny.

Mopar Nut

Looks good, I have the big brother 14.3/4" (New 1180) to that one I could sell you for $100.00 if you need a spare.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."