News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A different Challenger

Started by wingcar, October 07, 2014, 10:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Here's something "a bit" different from the everyday Challenger.....

All-American muscle and off-roading are combined.
Here are a series of rendered images, they look very real, but whether or not it's built and becomes a reality is unknown at this time.  The Dodge Challenger A/T "Untamed" concept comes from the imagination of Joey Ruiter. He wanted to combine pure American muscle with the spirit of off-roading.  To make this off-road ready, Ruiter added modifications such as wheel well trimming, inner fender wall construction, a front skid plate, and fender flares.
It's also equipped with body armor with rock sliders, rear trailing arm with links, and front long travel arms. He even had some cool graphic styling applied to the body as well as some off-road tool storage and a spare tire truck mount. The question now is: which engine should be used? Obviously our first inclination is to go with the supercharged 6.2-liter Hellcat V8. But honestly, just about any powerful engine would do. The Challenger A/T "Untamed" concept is actually a very realistic possibility, though Dodge would never build it.  It'll just require someone with time, a bit of cash, and a desire to drive around something very different from any other Challenger.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Troy

I saw an El Camino like that the other day. It looked stupid too. We really don't need to bring back the 70s.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mike DC

I've been wondering how long this was gonna take.

This stuff is far enough back to be retro-fresh again.  Like it or not that means its genuinely fresh to millions.  

Tech has evolved so much since the 1970s that it won't be quite a total rehash.  This time it won't be car unibodies welded on top of truck frames.

The newest F&F movie already has the black Charger done up like this and racing around the mountains in Colorado.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

kab69440

What? Did the world suddenly run out of Buick Regals to mount on Blazer frames?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

69rtse4spd

:o, Paint it orange & slap an 01 on it, they can use it in the next F&F movie.

Aero426

Stevearino

Now that is really horsey looking.  :eek2:

Ghoste

Just because you wonder what the Mona Lisa would look like with a mustache doesn't mean you should do it.

HPP

I could see that being used in some of the automotive classes in SCORE racing.

Otherwise, it doesn't appeal to me.

68pplcharger