News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car goes faster when I get off the gas

Started by Paul G, September 27, 2014, 04:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

I noticed this last night cruising down the road in high gear. When I lay in to the gas, naturally the car goes faster, but if I let off the throttle a little, the car seemed to lunge ahead. I remember years ago jetting a Harley carb after installing drag pipes, they used that symptom as a tuning tool. 

Does this mean I need to go bigger on the secondary jets?

It's a very torquey low end 360, mild cam, RPM air gap, headers, Holley 670, MSD box.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

flyinlow

I Wish my car went faster with less gas. :smilielol:

Might be jetting. I assume its a 670 Street Avenger? Secondaries coming in too soon for the rpm and as you let off the throttle some the engine now was not over carbed for the conditions an responded with more torque ?   :shruggy:

MSRacing89

Quote from: Paul G on September 27, 2014, 04:44:54 PM
I noticed this last night cruising down the road in high gear. When I lay in to the gas, naturally the car goes faster, but if I let off the throttle a little, the car seemed to lunge ahead. I remember years ago jetting a Harley carb after installing drag pipes, they used that symptom as a tuning tool.  

Does this mean I need to go bigger on the secondary jets?

It's a very torquey low end 360, mild cam, RPM air gap, headers, Holley 670, MSD box.

If you are closing the butterflies and it is picking up speed.....you are lean.  You can get a look at a plug to confirm, but you should be able to go up a couple sizes front and rear and feel the difference.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.