News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Semi get hung on tracks, gets pasted by train, everyone survives.

Started by TruckDriver, October 07, 2014, 04:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bakerhillpins

:o

I wonder what was leaking out of the derailed tankers.  That's a nasty situation.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

Wow....could have been a major explosion if those tankers derailed....!!

el dub

Quote from: bakerhillpins on October 07, 2014, 07:47:42 AM
:o

I wonder what was leaking out of the derailed tankers.  That's a nasty situation.

pressurized argon. one traincar full.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

dual fours

Wow, 40 seconds to come to a complete stop from impact, I wonder how far back up the track the engines were in EMERGENCY STOP and 21 + or - cars past impact till stopped. Did you see the two units jump on impact? :no: The Tractor is still on the off side up right on it's wheels.
Edit: Did a google map check, dead center of downtown Mer Rouge, La. 32.775320  91.792418
The Engineers had around 1,694' after rounding the curve, to impact. :o
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Baldwinvette77

Im a horrible person but i laughed through the entire video cause of "Holy mother of Moo Moo"  :smilielol:

ws23rt

It is awesome to see something like that and chilling as well.

Some years back their was a train wreck near where I live.  Two one hundred car trains with five engines each hit head on at 60mph (120mph combined).  It was at night and a witness on a nearby interstate said he saw boxcars flying everywhere. All the crew died.   :eek2:
Can only imagine what it would be like to see that happen.

stripedelete

Lighthorseman

At the 14 to 16 second mark, you can see the lead locomotive rolling off the track onto its side - I hope the crew had a firm hold on something...

TruckDriver

I never noticed that before. If you keep watching the cars, you can see them rolling off the tracks too
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P