News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

360 from hell!!

Started by ionracer24, September 09, 2014, 09:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ionracer24

Real race cars have three pedals......

ionracer24

The utter carnage of the bolt fused to the timing cover

workworkwork

OK, so now we are all keeping our fingers crossed for you. Let us know if she is running again.

4cruzin

I live really close to Hell if you want to send it back!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

ionracer24

Ok, so changed timing chain, was off by about 5 teeth, replaced timing chain, still will not run more than 5 seconds and rough at that.  Back firing through carb and doing the exact same thing as before...... :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:  Can the crank be 360 out of phase? i'm at a loss,  :shruggy: :shruggy: i dont know what else to do cept take it apart and rotate the crank 

polywideblock

could it be a  bent/stuck valve  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

workworkwork

There is a good chance you have one or more valves that are bent or damaged. You may have to take the heads to a machine shop.

c00nhunterjoe

Verify tdc and check the rotor for being correct. Next step will be compression test and or airing cylinders to check for bent valves.

ionracer24

Orrrrrrr i could just drop in the 440 low milage, high nickle content big block i've been saving for a rainy day!!  Yeah, i'm already sicka this piece!!! :slap: thats what i get for buying, with out trying hehe

ionracer24

So the 360 heads are toast and a cylinder wall scratches etc....will post pictures soon.  On the plus side, almost have a 76' 440 running in it now with a 727.  Got pictures of that too, just having email problems but will post it soon.  Things are lookin up finally!!! :brickwall:

workworkwork

Awesome. Sounds like you will be driving her soon.

Dino

Quote from: 4cruzin on September 19, 2014, 08:52:24 PM
I live really close to Hell if you want to send it back!   :2thumbs:

I've been to Hell and back many times.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ionracer24

So she cranked up!! No exhaust manifolds, headers, nothin!!  Brap brap brap brap brap.....Was pretty dam awesome seeing 2 foot flames shooting outta the heads!!!  I have a badass set of headman headers that will not fit because of the dam torsion bars.... :brickwall:....Anybody know a remedy??  I dam near sawzalled the dam things out but my freind reminded me what a bitch they are to get back in and out etc..... so needless to say i need to figure out some kind of exhaust system....But it runs now, thank God almighty, it runs.... :punkrocka: :woohoo: