News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I bought another Dodge.

Started by Patronus, June 05, 2014, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

'71 Demon, /6
I had a chance to keep this car in the family.. It was a friends daily driver for 5 years. My brother spent some time on it putting on quarter skins and spraying it silver in dude's garage. He wanted something different/newer so.. Here it's mine. It's got newer disc's, super dry rust wise...(guess it was from Salt Lake City, UT.) Didn't wake up today thinking I was going to own another Demon. When I was in high-school (circa 1987) I bought a '71 from a guy for $80. Brought it home and my brother freaked out and made me sell it to him for $100. Guess this one's mine for a bit.. I sure hope the girlfriend likes it.. I don't know what to do with it. It runs pretty good. Smokes a bit, sounds like shit. I have a nice running 360 I could drop in it. I'd like to install a/c, and some LeD sequential tail lights. It also needs a head liner, seats, dash/ etc. ... not too bad for $1500.  :shruggy:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

WHITE AND RED 69

I'll give ya 1600 for it, instant profit.   :icon_smile_big:

Nice score! Looks great, a 360 and some new wheels and you got a sweet looking cruiser. Best part is the paint looks done, now you can just add the fun stuff. Wish I could find a smokin deal on another mopar.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Patronus

17" centerline lazer II wheels like this?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Old Moparz

Nice car, I had always hoped to find a Demon in decent shape but Dusters were what turned up.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Patronus

I can't stand looking at it much longer with non-matching wheels. I need to ask for advise on back spacing. I've done a few Dusters and have made mistakes in the past regarding the front wheels sticking out.
I'd like to run larger wheels this time..16" in the front and 17" in the back.. thinking the US Wheels Daytona D window. I see they come in those sizes, but I cant recall ever seeing them on a car. (the larger diameters) ?? Has anyone experience with their 17" steel wheels?
So, for the front...16x7 w/4" bs ?
                         16x8 w/4.25" bs  ?
                         16x8 w/5"bs  ?

Rear is:               17x8 w/4.5" bs
Also, this thing has SBP so I will run conversion spacers of 1" thick out back. Not perfect, but these things have a huge ass so I dont mind packing em out a bit.
Tires: Nitto 555
         f. 245 45 16
         r. 275 40 17
What sayeth the expertz? Will they fit?

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Tilar

Unless she's paying for it out of her pocket, don't worry about what the girlfriend thinks about it. Do what you want with it and have fun.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

rt green

i've always wanted one of those
third string oil changer

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Tilar on June 10, 2014, 03:14:39 AM
Unless she's paying for it out of her pocket, don't worry about what the girlfriend thinks about it. Do what you want with it and have fun.

:yesnod:

Patronus

+450 wheels&tires off craigslist...Off an old Saleen
the rear tires are too much. I will scam some 40 ratios, these are 50.

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

myk

I like it.  Maybe I have to see it in person, but the rear tires look good to me...

moparjohn

Looks good to me too!  I don't understand the "new" thing for black rims, God awful if you ask me
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

rt green

more pics please. man, I have got to get me one of those.
third string oil changer

Nacho-RT74

AMAZINGLY CLEAN body lines! I'm seriouslly impressed!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Patronus

Thanks.. Fate in a way. I had the other rims for the back and I just couldn't bring myself to buy new 14" tires. So, started looking and they just stood out. Luckily our mechanic had an old dart drag car with some rotors with longer studs = $0
The body work was free on this car, for a friend. I believe they surprised him with the car. The owner was immigrating from the Czech Rep
and they figured he needed something cool. Guess it got old for him and needed something more professional....so...
Its kinda rough actually.. It was a CO. daily for 10 years now..
I find it very hard not to walk up with a block and some 100g. Its just so satisfying to scratch that itch of bodywork on a car.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE