News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man cave country club

Started by JB400, October 02, 2014, 12:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I already have one of those, I call it my house.  :lol:
Seriously though, I can see the idea spreading.

Stegs

ok, after watching that, I had a flashback

3 years ago, I was looking to buy about 2.5-3 acres of land to build a house on.....and I was going to do exactly that, in a miniature form. Im not talking about a condo complex, but I was going to start out (being 24 and single) building a garage with a loft.

Id park my truck and jeeps down below, sleep in a loft/bunk house above. I was going to build it so later I could easily build the "home" and attach it to garage

Basically exactly this on a smaller scale....I knew I was on to something!!!!  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

seriously, this will catch on...and I think its  a great idea!! heck id even partner with a gas/service station, bring it right into the complex, for members only....they have a garage with tools, lifts, oils, gas, wash bay.....all inclusive......heck even expand it to have a old school drive in theater that's open to the public....to help offset the cost of the dues

hmmm :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Shakey

Very cool!

While I skimmed the video without sound, one has to wonder if there are also apartments for when the divorces are all finalized!   :scratchchin:

moparnation74

In the area I reside in North Dallas called Plano, they just finished construction of these multi luxury garage units.  In less then 6 months prior to construction all units were sold out.  Overall, I like the concept, social environment, luxury, and security of them. 

crj1968

Great idea- want one!

where to put the wife though....   :scratchchin:

66FBCharger

If I won Lotto.........

Maybe I should buy a ticket first.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Homerr

Quote from: crj1968 on October 02, 2014, 09:26:52 AM
Great idea- want one!

I fear a quilting/knitting/scrapbooking version of this.

Stegs

Quote from: Homerr on October 02, 2014, 12:43:39 PM
Great idea- want one!

that would be a quiet neighborhood to live in!...unlike this one with cars/trucks/motorcycles

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 66FBCharger on October 02, 2014, 11:20:11 AM
If I won Lotto.........

Odds are roughly the same with your current plan.   :Twocents:  :P
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Homerr

Quote from: Stegs on October 02, 2014, 01:29:17 PM
Quote from: Homerr on October 02, 2014, 12:43:39 PM
Great idea- want one!

where to put the wife though....   :scratchchin:

that would be a quiet neighborhood to live in!...unlike this one with cars/trucks/motorcycles

Yes, but the car buying and restoration fund would take a major hit.

Mopar4me

Holy Cow! Thats not too far from where I live.

6spd68

Quote from: 66FBCharger on October 02, 2014, 11:20:11 AM
If I won Lotto.........

The idiot tax won't get you there... However; hard work, and smart investments can.  :2thumbs:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

myk

Ew.  I wouldn't want to store my machinery in open view of other people.  If I had an extra 600K lying around I'd rent or build another spot for myself and enjoy my privacy...

Ghoste

But it would be a gated community and everyone else would have rare and expensive cars too so little need for paranoia there really.

rt green

must be rough. fantastic idea  though.
third string oil changer

twodko

Well, for older folks who have a couple cars but
are done with single family detached home ownership and
all the maintenance they require this would be just the
ticket.
Of course I'm making the assumption there is a HOA that
provides community landscaping care etc. :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on October 03, 2014, 06:35:42 PM
But it would be a gated community and everyone else would have rare and expensive cars too so little need for paranoia there really.

Trust no one, not even yourself....

- Cobra Commander, 1984

JB400

It wouldn't be much different if we were all pilots leaving our planes at the airport.  Each pilot has a hangar or two for his planes.  Substitute planes for cars, same thing, except as mentioned, it'd be gated and probably have a security system you could monitor from your smart phone.

Ghoste

And I believe in AZ (?) there is an "airpark" like you mentioned where they have there planes at the strip but the condos are there too and all gated and secure.

JB400

Open up your piggybank a little more, and you can live in a flight community where everyone has the runway in their front yard and you park your plane in its hangar like you do your car in the garage.  Back to full circle again. :lol:

twodko

Only real difference there would be your neighbor flying his
plane into your livingroom.  :scared:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

Yeah, I'd much rather he wax his Ferrari or tune his LS6 or do burnouts in his Cuda.

Stevearino

I had a concept I briefly talked to a developer about before the real estate crash.  It was not this but would be a development with 1 1/2 acre lots each house had a 40 x 60 shop building on the property. The idea being that people are always annoyed with the noise that accompanies car projects. The HOA for this development would require you to agree that you would be willing to put up with a little car building noise or find someplace else to live. This would also provide a sense of community and a place for like minded people to live.  But with no money to pursue this idea I guess someone else will have to build it :rotz: :rotz: