News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hellcat 1 sold for 825,000

Started by Ghoste, September 28, 2014, 12:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

I wonder what these cars will be worth a year from now?  Two years from now?  Five years from now?  I don't recall what happened to the first new Challengers to roll out of the factories; how long did they hold up their marked up price? 

Ghoste

About two feet after the front wheels crossed the curb from the sales lot.

myk

Well, I guess if you're dropping that kind of coin on a luxury item, you're not really worried about the the future prospects of the investment...

RallyeMike

QuoteAll of the proceeds from the sale on VIN0001 will go to benefit Opportunity Village, a not-for-proffit organization in Vegas that has been helping adults with disabilities since 1954.

Good for them  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

NYCMille

Hellcat 1 hun... interesting since this one is sitting in my driveway right now...

War wagon

^^

That car in your driveway appears to be a pre production mule. It has Supercharged on the front fender which ISNT on the production car. Vin no 1 was painted one of a kind VIPER STRYKER RED and will be the ONLY one built that colour.
Another organization matched the final bid so 1.65million was raised for the charity!!!!
Congrats to all envolved!! Worthy cause for sure.

Paul G

in 1990 Chevy listed the ZR1 Corvette around double the sticker price for a base model. $75,000 ballpark. It had an earth shaking 375 Horsepower. A super car in it's time. Today they are in the $30,000 range, or less in used condition. 

As much as I respect the Hellcat, I don't think they will retain value over the short period. It will always be more money than an SRT, but I wouldn't bet on the value rising over time. I would expect them to depriciate much slower than your average used car though.   

That 375 HP Vette today is a slow car. We have 300 HP sixes today. Imagine what the next 10 years is going to be like.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Mytur Binsdirti

When mine comes in I'm going to repaint it red & sell it at a paultry 525 large.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

ws23rt

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 28, 2014, 04:58:33 PM
When mine comes in I'm going to repaint it red & sell it at a paultry 525 large.  :2thumbs:

And where would your donation go?-----Benfro? Knightprowl?---Me?
This site is filled with the needy :lol:

myk

He'll buy himself a Hooter's restaurant...

ws23rt

That would be an investment to payoff in the long run. :lol:  One of the few things that never change.

68X426

Quote from: NYCMille on September 28, 2014, 02:40:16 PM
Hellcat 1 hun... interesting since this one is sitting in my driveway right now...

Just more to be Angry about. :2thumbs:

No, really, is yours the first? :icon_smile_question:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

I think Dodge was quite clear from the start that the first production one was going to auction.

Ghoste

Quote from: ws23rt on September 28, 2014, 06:49:01 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 28, 2014, 04:58:33 PM

And where would your donation go?-----Benfro? Knightprowl?---Me?
This site is filled with the needy :lol:

Jihad of course.  Thats why I called him a capitalist pig, he wants the money for guns, ammo, IED's and suicide bomber bribes.

mauve66

we've been driving them at Roush in Las Vegas for the past 6 months, not impressed
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

wingcar

1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

NYCMille

The red one is a press car - so yes, pre-prod (been having fun with it all weekend). They are EXTREMELY fast. For my money, the 8-speed auto is the way to go. It blips on down shifts, and be adjusted to your liking and overall is a great transmission. The 6-speed is also a nice option, but there's just to much power to shift it efficiently and or fast enough. It also goes around a corner very well. Dodge did a VERY nice job with car.

I'll be driving the Hellcat in few weeks so I'll post my impressions of that as soon as I flog it.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Mytur Binsdirti

I like the color, but personally, I wouldn't want a brand new car car that was repainted after it was built.

mauve66

they are making a hellcat charger also, we've got a white one at Roush.  For the money they (and the dealers) are charging,  just buy a SRT and do your own upgrades and still have 10K left over
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment