News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

About damned time (Dodge 100 year magazine)

Started by Ghoste, September 27, 2014, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

When Ford had their 100 year thing you couldn't walk past anewstand without tripping over a stack of Ford celebration mags from every publisher.  Same with Olds.  Now the most significant maker turns 100 and what?  Nothing nada squat.
Finally Hemmings put out a 100 years of Dodge special under their Classic Car banner.  Haven't read it yet but happy to have it.
So come on Motor Trend and Source Interlink and the rest of you, the year is nearly over and its time to get with it.  I'm not talking about an article, I want to see whole magazines devoted to this party.

DAY CLONA

Chrysler died so many times over the decades, it's just a product name, nothing more, nothing less...IMHO Chrysler was dead and buried when Damiler took rein

Ghoste

odcics2

Quote from: DAY CLONA on September 27, 2014, 11:13:40 AM
Chrysler died so many times over the decades, it's just a product name, nothing more, nothing less...IMHO Chrysler was dead and buried when Damiler took rein

Like the heart was pulled out, still beating and squashed.....    :'(
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

68X426

And the Italians think that 100 years is too new, so no love coming from Fiat corporate.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

Don't they offer some sort of Fiat throwback retro edition, they must love their own heritage at least?

68X426

Quote from: Ghoste on September 29, 2014, 05:26:45 AM
Don't they offer some sort of Fiat throwback retro edition

Throwback, or is it throwaway.  :lol:

Yes they love their own.  Still, what a great PR opportunity ignored.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

HPP

Dodge is doing some 100 year multi-media marketing on some internet sites that have scrolling ad area. I have seen ti but forget what site it was on.