News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do these wires go?

Started by 69skcharger, September 24, 2014, 10:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69skcharger

I am putting my engine back together (1969 383) and have these two wires that I am not sure where they go. I am assuming that the black one goes to the positive post on the coil and the green one goes to the distributor? I am using a points ignition if that matters. I didn't take it apart so can't be sure - need confirmation.

69skcharger

The other question I have is where do the two less on the distributor go. It's an accel dual point distributor, one red wire, one black.

XH29N0G

I don't have a 69 FSM, but in the 70 FSM, I see dark blue from ballast to pos on coil and grey w Tan line to neg on coil and dark green from ballast to alternator.  The distributor is connected to the negative on the coil if I am reading correctly. 

Do you have access to the factory service manual for the 69s?

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

moparnation74

Do you have a facory tic toc tach?

Dino

Green may be alternator, black may be a/c but it's hard to say with the one picture.  Trace the wires back and see where they go.  If they come from the bulkhead connector (likely) then let us know which slots. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69wannabe

Green should be the field wire going to your alternator and the other wire with the eyelet should go to the positive side of the coil.