News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash Bezel Repair Options

Started by holanae, April 14, 2015, 11:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holanae

Which way do I go?  Replace the instruments bezels with repros, or have the bezels sent out for repair.  I have two instrument bezels (both with cracks), and one glove box bezel.  Either way, I will still have to buy a radio bezel.  Money doesn't matter, UPS damaged the bezel when I bought the entire instrument cluster.  They reimbursed me my full insurance amount for the instrument cluster and I got to keep everything.  I originally wanted to get a new set of repros, but I have heard bad things about the quality.  If I go with repros, who would you guys recommend?

bill440rt

I had a full set of '68 bezels restored by this place: http://www.chrometechusa.com/

They did a great job.
Here's a thread with pics:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,106300.0.html
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

comet_666

You can buy a new set from classic industries
wait until you see a coupon though

holanae

There was a recent post in the Charger Discussion board about bezels from CI.  Something was breaking on them.  Can't remember exactly.  Everybody has them CI,YO,BEA, Herb's, etc.  Prices very, but is there a difference in supplier and quality.  "American components, Russia components, all made in Taiwan!"  YO is known for being ridiculously overpriced, but are the overpriced by $300 because they are better quality?  I don't think that is the case, but I was wondering if anybody knew different.

Bill, thanks for the link.  I am going to give them a call this week.  I might send off both instrument bezels to be refurbed, and sale one to cover the cost of having to buy a radio bezel.

comet_666

As far as I know they are all the same, Chinese. They are plastic and do need TLC but mine are real nice pieces.

holanae

Quote from: comet_666 on April 14, 2015, 08:03:12 PM
As far as I know they are all the same, Chinese. They are plastic and do need TLC but mine are real nice pieces.
Where did you get your set from?

Charger-Bodie

I just got a set from Classic industries for my 68. They are pg classics parts,but I have been happy with them on other builds so I sure they are fine. I had Laysons do a set years ago. It was expensive and they lost my defogger delete plate.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

holanae

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on April 15, 2015, 07:41:08 AM
I just got a set from Classic industries for my 68. They are pg classics parts,but I have been happy with them on other builds so I sure they are fine. I had Laysons do a set years ago. It was expensive and they lost my defogger delete plate.

Did the set come with the defogger delete plate?

Charger-Bodie

No. that would be seperate. Mine has rear defog so i will just reuse mine its from pg anyway.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

comet_666

Quote from: holanae on April 15, 2015, 07:06:13 AM
Quote from: comet_666 on April 14, 2015, 08:03:12 PM
Where did you get your set from?
Classic Industries. Shipping is outrageous.

PlainfieldCharger

I have been going back and forth on weather to buy new ones for my next project. the 70 bee have wooedgrain bezels over the top so I would need to cut the slots in a "new" repop bezel to fit the woodgrain bezels into. I would have to cut the slots on a new one so that is another step that an "oops" can happen. My charger has new Classic Ind bezels and they look great. Many different ways to go.... :Twocents: