News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Dart GTS

Started by polywideblock, September 29, 2014, 04:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

how do you pick a genuine 68  gts 440 4 speed( was there such a thing ?)  from run of the mill darts ?

car is over here looks clean   what to look for   :scratchchin:  

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

A GTS will begin with "LS" in the VIN as opposed to LP or LH or something.  The engine will be there as well so start by looking for a VIN that starts off as LS23M8.  The four speed will be called out in the fender tag or broadcast sheet of course.  

Charger_Dart

What Ghost said is the best way to tell.
I'll throw in a few other things to look for. Our Dart is a GT model that has GTS styling added to it. The GTS model did not have the D A R T emblems on the rear quarters (look in the trunk for holes with filler) and the GTS emblem on the trunk should be centered where the GT had it to the right side. As you can see from the pic below, these were never done on our Dart. Also the only engines you could get were the 340 or 383.

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible