News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electrical gremlins

Started by fy469rtse, October 19, 2014, 04:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

Yes Mitch ,
I certainly am, I have learned that i have forgotten things , assumption is the mother of all #$%^ups , i put this column back together , i could have checked switch out then , Nah it"ll be good, lol
the leds make some things complicated, like the minimal current draw,
switch worked fine before i installed Led globes, the low draw will expose weak points , bad contacts
but worth it , back lights 100 % over original

green69rt

So, you going to share some of your design?  I like the idea of using LEDs and I'm always interested in a new design.  It's not where you are now but eventually I'll need some info on the electrical system.

fy469rtse

Yes Mitch, of course
Wish I had taken some photos, only thing I disliked about the 69 lights is there appearance at night ,
Chrysler got cheap and nasty with these lights,
I had a few close calls with previous chargers with tailights not bright enough, at night you can see the globes on the old set up, day time was even worse
First thing I did was sand the inside of housings , then chrome plated
The idea was for light reflection, had to try a few different LEDs , went with the red , best for effect , led types are getting better so quickly, LEDs used have LEDs all around , so to maximise reflection
It worked,
The trick is you have to do front and rear Mitch, switch backs in the front , these act as day time running lights , as soon as indicator on they flash orange , once indicator off , reverts to running light once indicator off
Also led flashers to hazard and blinker cams, because of the low current draw from LEDs
Just finally got everything to function correctly the other night, love the way they look now  full afterburners on

fy469rtse

I also added side marker lights, there's a led kit available to convert the side reflectors,
Like usual they weren't out when I did this , took the long way , but same effect
LEDs to all interior lights, console , glove box , trunk led strip light, also led strip light under hood , for that night time road side emergency , there really bright
Have done all the wiring upgrades on here, most done from experience before I found this site
Ammeter by pass , like Dino retrofitted volt gauge with my own to look correct factory decal,
Head lights and accessory loom for aftermarket additonal gauges lights relayed
Extra wire fused from alt to post on starter relay, I bypassed the pins for power feeds through bulkhead , I found the wire I used passed straight through with out the need to drill bulk head, late model but look correct low resistance plugs , fuse able link wires to these on engine bay side , so if a fault does make one of these blow , easily replaced
Only bad part is that it's added to the birds nest look at firewall,
Power master 110 amp alternator , for mainly amps and big stereo system sub woofer, main passenger will be my autistic son , loves chargers and cruising with the music all types really loud  and I mean loud

fy469rtse

Had a good night going through electrical s , some new parts at fault,
Starter solenoid junk , lucky I had new spare from erenberg,
My new turn signal switch arrived , WTF is this the best they can do , old reconditioned one is staying in,
Very glad that I was impatient and curious as to what was at fault with old switch
All systems and circuits working apart from two gauges, fuel and temp,
Ignition , turns over , tach pulses up when ignition switched on
Won't know if speedo functions until car moves under its own power, which won't be long now ,