News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Right brake/hazard light not working

Started by GreenMachine, September 26, 2014, 01:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

On my '72 Plymouth Satellite, my right brake light doesn't work when I press the brake pedal and on "Hazard". It works with the right turn signal though and the front right signal works with both turn and hazard. It has a new reproduction turn signal switch in it and I don't know if it was like this before the new switch was installed.

I'm thinking I have a bad "new" turn signal switch,  can you think of anything else it could be?

If it is the switch, can you recommend a good source for a new one or how to fix my current one?
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

ODZKing

Sounds like a bad "new" switch to me as well if nothing else has changed.

A383Wing

yup..bad switch....you already proved that the bulb and wiring is good all the way back to the rear of car by turning on the right blinker

GreenMachine

HANDM

I was able to fix my similar trouble with a new (old) switch..... wasn't going to deal with putting in another new (new) switch that didn't work right the first time...

GreenMachine

Quote from: HANDM on September 29, 2014, 01:23:35 PM
I was able to fix my similar trouble with a new (old) switch..... wasn't going to deal with putting in another new (new) switch that didn't work right the first time...

I thought about that, I couldn't find my receipt and I can't remember where I got it from, but I'm pretty sure it had the bright yellow plastic rocker part where the lever screws to. So I ordered one that claims made in USA and the pic doesn't show a bright yellow rocker piece. I realize there's still a chance of it being bad, but this time I'll plug it in and confirm it works before installation.

HANDM

My new (old) switch came out of a 69 column that sat around for 20 years, was gonna toss the whole thing until I saw it still had it's switch, yanked it, installed it and now no more turn/ hazard or brake light problems. I just don't understand why, after 40 frickin plus years, can't they reproduce a part of similar or better quality.

GreenMachine

Plugged in the new switch to test it out and it's working fine. The switch I received is the same yellow one that's in there now though. Hopefully this one will last.