News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GYC in hot water over Rex's lime green 70 Charger.

Started by Cooter, September 22, 2014, 06:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2592 creston

Quote from: myk on September 28, 2014, 07:01:26 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on September 27, 2014, 06:36:05 AM
Quote from: myk on September 27, 2014, 05:56:50 AM

Is GYC a reputable shop?  I don't know if it is or it isn't.  All I know is that ZERO effort was made to verify the proper construction of this car.  Whether it was intentional or accidental makes no difference to me, the end result was the same...

I'm not following why someone who do this intentionally?  :shruggy:

Intentional, as in putting out a bad product and/or using smoke and mirrors to sell something and hoping no one notices.  That's something that most businesses on any scale are guilty of doing since the dawn of man.

Quote from: Dodge Don on September 28, 2014, 06:47:24 AM
Good god, this is still going on?

A mistake was made (they happen...don't pretend you never made one)

He acknowledged and admitted the mistake

He offered to fix the mistake

Case closed. Too many people always looking for any reason to form an angry mob

Have we made mistakes?  Sure we have.  Just the other day someone at my bar ordered a tall Coor's Light and I gave them a chocolate milk....oops, I made a mistake!  However, taking thousands of dollars over the course of 8 months from someone and giving them junk in return is more than a mistake, it's bad business (to put it politely)...

Let it go and get a life......its over!!!!!!

1974dodgecharger

Indygenerallee

Would not surprise me if 2592 creston was Mark himself.....  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparnation74

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 28, 2014, 10:18:48 PM
That is a possibility.  Whomever this 2592creston is should look in the mirror and restate the "get a life" comment to themselves.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: moparnation74 on September 28, 2014, 10:33:07 PM
That is a possibility.  Whomever this 2592creston is should look in the mirror and restate the "get a life" comment to themselves.

LMAO  :rofl:

2592 creston

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 29, 2014, 12:15:32 AM

LMAO  :rofl:

Take it easy ladies!!

r4daytona

Geez, I was figuring you guys would have made that comment about me!  lol     Guess I've been on here long enough though.   I can tell you this, I highly doubt Mark would make a fake profile so he could hide himself.  Why would he need too, he already came on here and stated his position - which I think was very humble and very clear.    Look. as you all know I'm his friend and even I, like Mark, admits that car was sub standard and he's tried to remedy it so give it a rest already.  I forgot who said it but I really like the phrase that went something like ... I don't judge a man by his mistakes, but rather how he handles his mistakes.

Give it a rest.

billssuperbird

2592 creston

Quote from: r4daytona on September 29, 2014, 08:13:58 AM
Geez, I was figuring you guys would have made that comment about me!  lol     Guess I've been on here long enough though.   I can tell you this, I highly doubt Mark would make a fake profile so he could hide himself.  Why would he need too, he already came on here and stated his position - which I think was very humble and very clear.    Look. as you all know I'm his friend and even I, like Mark, admits that car was sub standard and he's tried to remedy it so give it a rest already.  I forgot who said it but I really like the phrase that went something like ... I don't judge a man by his mistakes, but rather how he handles his mistakes.

Give it a rest.

Its not Mark,i am sure he has better things to do with his time.....I might even be one of the regulars that doesn't want the rest to know how I really feel!!!
      Imagine that!!!!!!!

familymopar

Quote from: r4daytona on September 29, 2014, 08:13:58 AM

Give it a rest.

I agree.  Mark already came here and said what he needed to say.  i seriously doubt he now has a fake profile just to make snarky comments.  Besides that, 2592 creston was registered before this thread.

And I am really glad to see my mother's old adage getting some traction on dc.com!

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

pettybird

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 24, 2014, 05:45:45 PM

I disagree. It's not a bogus scenario. Unearthing previous body repair wrong doings or hidden damage usually triggers a new estimate

Gotta correct you here.  They don't start a new estimate.

They give you...

An addendum.

1974dodgecharger

you be surprised how many people register and WAIT for the proper topic to come on here!!!  :yesnod:

There was one guy who registered nearly 7 (off memory) years and finally popped into a posting.............

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: pettybird on September 29, 2014, 10:42:36 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on September 24, 2014, 05:45:45 PM

I disagree. It's not a bogus scenario. Unearthing previous body repair wrong doings or hidden damage usually triggers a new estimate

Gotta correct you here.  They don't start a new estimate.

They give you...

An addendum.

It's called a supplement.

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

An insurance company wouldn't write a supplement for hidden damage not related to the accident. Example: A quarter panel is bid for replacement, upon removal the outer wheelhouse is rusted. It's not related to the loss, they don't owe it, nothing gets included on a supplement. They may write a separate estimate called "prior damage" in some cases, but either way they don't owe it.
They would write a supplement for hidden damage that is related to the loss. Example: A front bumper, grille, and hood are bid for replacement from an accident, upon opening the hood the radiator is found damaged from collision. A radiator would be included on a supplement.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bill440rt on September 30, 2014, 06:19:00 AM
An insurance company wouldn't write a supplement for hidden damage not related to the accident. Example: A quarter panel is bid for replacement, upon removal the outer wheelhouse is rusted. It's not related to the loss, they don't owe it, nothing gets included on a supplement. They may write a separate estimate called "prior damage" in some cases, but either way they don't owe it.
They would write a supplement for hidden damage that is related to the loss. Example: A front bumper, grille, and hood are bid for replacement from an accident, upon opening the hood the radiator is found damaged from collision. A radiator would be included on a supplement.

That's what I was taking about with a supplement . Hidden damage caused by current claim. Prior damage and rust are the owners responsibly or possibly the previous repairer.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BananaDan

The mods have access to the IP logs.  It would be very easy to determine if this new account shares IP history with another account.   :Twocents:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Troy

Quote from: BananaDan on September 30, 2014, 08:22:44 AM

The mods have access to the IP logs.  It would be very easy to determine if this new account shares IP history with another account.   :Twocents:
Yeah, it is very easy. If they matched it would have been taken care of long ago. In this instance it's just a case of "overzealous fanboy". ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

2592 creston

Quote from: Troy on September 30, 2014, 10:54:38 AM

Yeah, it is very easy. If they matched it would have been taken care of long ago. In this instance it's just a case of "overzealous fanboy". ;)

Troy

Did I curse , did I say anything that would offend a rational person....I don't think so!!  If you ladies are upset (TROY), kick me off and only have people say what you want to hear!!!  No big deal, Im done with this place!!! GET A LIFE!!!!!

Back N Black

Quote from: 2592 creston on September 30, 2014, 11:35:49 AM

Troy

Did I curse , did I say anything that would offend a rational person....I don't think so!!  If you ladies are upset (TROY), kick me off and only have people say what you want to hear!!!  No big deal, Im done with this place!!! GET A LIFE!!!!!
I wouldn't worry about a couple of opinions. People express their opinions and they suddenly turn into facts with no evidence to back it up. i like this quote " Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

Dino

Quote from: Back N Black on September 30, 2014, 12:08:23 PM

Troy

I wouldn't worry about a couple of opinions. People express their opinions and they suddenly turn into facts with no evidence to back it up. i like this quote " Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

I forgot I had that in my sig as I have sigs disabled here.  But it sure is one to think of when the "facts" come along.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Troy

Troy

I think you missed the point so I'll say it more clearly (for everyone): No, "2592 creston" and "GYC Undertaker" do not share an IP address and I do not believe "2592 creston" is a troll account. If I did, it would have been handled a while back. There's enough bad investigative work in this thread that we don't need any more theories. I was just trying to keep it on track.

Thanks for your permission - even though I don't need it nor did I have any plans of kicking anyone off the site.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dodge Don

Thanks for your permission - even though I don't need it nor did I have any plans of kicking anyone off the site.

Troy

You sure Troy? I have a long list for your consideration.  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big:

I was saving it for Festivus and the Airing of Grievances  :slap:

All joking aside...wish all the hating and nonsense was left to the appropriate forum....Moparts  :argue: