News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vintage Air Gen IV Install

Started by 69hemirr, October 12, 2014, 10:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemirr

Has anyone installed the new Vintage Air Gen IV system for the 68-70 Body ?  Looking for install pictures to see what the cover plate looks like installed.  I want to replace my old original air box but not too convinced I like the cover plate they use.  Also don't want to start cutting new holes.  Any ideas ?

oldcarnut

If you do a search for the Classic and Vintage Air systems it seems to be the Classic Air guys preferred for Mopar and Vintage for GM.  Do a search and check out the two for comparison in previous threads.  There are some install pics posted.  Good luck

Chargen69

I'll get you a picture of my gen IV that we put my 69 tomorrow.  we smoothed the firewall, so the install went like this:  put mounting bolts into the frame of the air boxed and put it in place and welded the bolts to the firewall to simulate studs coming through the wall.

may not be want you were looking for, but I'll get a pic anyway.

69hemirr

Chargen69

we moved mine over some because we ran the lines through the inner fender, so this may or may not help you

69hemirr

what about a pic of under the hood with the backing plate installed?  what does that look like?

Chargen69

yeah, thats what i was saying in my earlier post, we didnt do the typical installation, we did not use that. sorry.

Chargen69

i probably shouldnt have posted anything after thinking about it

gtx6970

This plate ?