News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cross Ram RB manifold ??

Started by Highbanked Hauler, September 30, 2014, 09:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

EDELBROCK STR-14-45 CROSS RAM INTAKE MANIFOLD      There is one on Ebay  for $1250.00    Were these things any good or were they just a piece of cast aluminum in the progression of manifolds ??   :popcrn:   
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Challenger340

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on September 30, 2014, 09:43:53 PM
      EDELBROCK STR-14-45 CROSS RAM INTAKE MANIFOLD      There is one on Ebay  for $1250.00    Were these things any good or were they just a piece of cast aluminum in the progression of manifolds ??   :popcrn:   

I liked my STR-14 from 3500 rpm and up, it made decent power, about the same MPH in the 1/4 mile as a worked RB Team G 4500.
"Eye Candy" factor on a Wedge is very nice.
That said,
Fuel distribution and puddling in the plenum can be an issue..... I didn't like it for cruising / Throttle response / Street driving at lower rpm's for that reason.
You can install sticks or "dams" in the plenum to improve it, but that could be a trial and error thing these days with limited data ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Highbanked Hauler

Thats kinda sorta what I figured it would be a high rpm. thing and it would only be good for the replica stocker out on the track.. :drool5:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser