News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rad.pusher fan

Started by Highbanked Hauler, September 17, 2014, 09:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

I am going to add on a rad. pusher fan on a switch like a stuck in traffic situation.    I was thinking of power from the alternator to the fan but what is the best place to wire  in a switch ? thanks.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Dino

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on September 17, 2014, 09:42:35 PM
I am going to add on a rad. pusher fan on a switch like a stuck in traffic situation.    I was thinking of power from the alternator to the fan but what is the best place to wire  in a switch ? thanks.

Alternator to fuse to Bosch type relay to switch.  It's safe and you can have the switch anywhere you like.  They sell fan switch kits but it's probablyeasier to just buy the parts.  You can also use a thermostatic switch so the fan will activate when needed and you don't have to do anything.  That's what I would do.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

oldcarnut

I used the the thermal relay setup on mine too.  Worked when you needed it and never had it fail me.  No need to worry about keeping an eye on the gauge all the time.  Just set the temp you want it to run and shut off.

myk

I have mine rigged to a switch by the 'temp gauge.  It's not trick but I like the "old bomber" feel this brings to the driving experience...

A383Wing

I got mine in the nosecone also, power from battery to relay under hood, and switch is under my dash. Never have used it since I put new aluminum radiator in though...but it's staying in the nose

Charger4404spd

I used the rear defogger switch (since I never installed the defogger) Be sure to use a relay :2thumbs:

fy469rtse

I just posted on this myself ? What are the chances
I have installed two ten inch pusher fans " , separate thermostatic probes switches, circuit breakers , fused, power straight of battery, but power source relayed from Ign on only,
I was wondering where to tap in for Ign source on , anywhere in engine bay, remember this is only to trigger relays for power to fans ?
As there is no where to left to tap in To bulk head , I've no spare plugs to use , ac car
Why two separate fans on separate systems ,
80 amp draw , powerful pusher fans , thermostatic switches can't handle that ,
And if one fan fails , at least I have one

fy469rtse

Sorry , didn't mean to hijack thread , just that we are doing very similar ,
Look up sumit racing , derale units
Thermostatic switches with screw in or probes you put in mesh area to radiator , adjustable to come on as needed, so you don't need to worry about doing anything,
Power sourced from battery, fused , circuit breakers, power source relay it with trigger Ign on