News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anybody here on the forum watch roadkill on youtube?

Started by Stegs, September 17, 2014, 02:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegs

I don't know if any of you guys watch roadkill.....

its a show about 2 guys that take old cars, fix them up to get them running and driving and do fun/crazy stuff with them

anyway, im going to post a link of the latest episode, it features a 68 charger with a tired motorhome motor, and they rally race it

if you never seen it before, give it a watch...any car guy would like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6AXjNcTPU

RallyeMike

I've watched them all - lots of fun  :2thumbs:  The "2 guys" are the editor of Hot Rod magazine and his pal. I certainly would not characterize sliding the Charger around in an patch of dirt a "ralley race", though. That pile would not pass any kind of race tech  :icon_smile_big: It's just two guys having fun in the dirt.

Despite some of the objections people have about their beaters and shortcuts, they are are obviously having way more fun than most all of their critics, and that's what it should all be about.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Stegs

Quote from: RallyeMike on September 17, 2014, 02:14:21 PM
I've watched them all - lots of fun  :2thumbs:  The "2 guys" are the editor of Hot Rod magazine and his pal. I certainly would not characterize sliding the Charger around in an patch of dirt a "ralley race", though. That pile would not pass any kind of race tech  :icon_smile_big: It's just two guys having fun in the dirt.

Despite some of the objections people have about their beaters and shortcuts, they are are obviously having way more fun than most all of their critics, and that's what it should all be about.

perfectly said, I didn't mean "rally race" literally....but its what they were trying to do.....

that charger sliding around on dirt sounds amazing! not bad for a tired old 440......

jaak

I love Roadkill. Great show. Finnegan and Frieburger are doing a new series on the Motor Trend channel called HOT ROD garage. Its more tech stuff with updates on Roadkill projects. I heard/read somewhere Frieburger is stepping down as editor in chief of the Magazine and focus his attention to more of the videos/shows.

Jason

Nwcharger

1969 coronet wagon

TheAutoArchaeologist

Glad you like the show.  Much more to come.  And some more stuff with Freiburgers Superbee and the General Mayhem.

Stegs

Quote from: Devil on September 17, 2014, 11:00:57 PM
Glad you like the show.  Much more to come.  And some more stuff with Freiburgers Superbee and the General Mayhem.

how do you know there is more to come with his mopars? do you work for the show?

either way, love the show...just wish they would do one more than 1 time a month...sure beats American top gear!

Roadkill is awesome!

lukedukem

Quote from: Stegs on September 22, 2014, 06:26:58 AM

how do you know there is more to come with his mopars? do you work for the show?

either way, love the show...just wish they would do one more than 1 time a month...sure beats American top gear!

Roadkill is awesome!

yes, he works for hot rod magazine. writes about cars in barns.

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Stegs on September 22, 2014, 06:26:58 AM
Glad you like the show.  Much more to come.  And some more stuff with Freiburgers Superbee and the General Mayhem.

Roadkill is awesome!

Correct sir, I write for Hot Rod Magazine, and not just Cars in Barns anymore.  Recently worked on the Hellcat Charger stuff and other items.  

Here we were watching the final cut of the General Mayhem episode at PRI last year.

Ryan