News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help with dash paint

Started by Dreamcar, September 17, 2014, 07:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

Ok, so I tried finding information on dash paint. All the old posts I keep finding online talk about companies that I can't find. I must be stupid or something.

Anyway, I want to strip and paint my dash so I can start rebuilding it over the winter in my basement. The temperature is already dropping quickly here so my paint window closing.

All I need is black paint that will be correct in color and texture. Any sugestions?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Shakey

SEM Trim Black is what I used.

Search for some of my detailed posts and be prepared to read a lot as I tried to make them as detailed as possible.

Check out the Interior Assembly thread on this page that was just recently updated.

Dreamcar

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

plasticman-32

TCP GlOBAL.com
1968 dodge charger tcp9324 satin black suede you need the texture
Just orderd mine and it came in the mail total cost was $60.00 out the door with hardner and shipped

Dreamcar

moparnation74

Instrument specialties carries the correct Lacquer paint with texture.  It is a PPG product and carries a nice price tag.  I have used that from them and is exact but it's lifespan is limited.  I wanted something long lasting.  So I got my dash powdercoated and the color I choose looks similar to factory minus the texture.  However, it will out last me and the elements.