News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats the normal oil pressure?

Started by euroZ06, September 17, 2014, 01:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

My stock gauge seems to read a bit high... Its not on the very last dash, but the one right before, sometimes it will go down towards the middle, but mostly in that section. It used to show right around the middle though (i currently dd the car). This is at pretty much any speed/operation.

Im also having trouble checking oil level. When i pull out the dipstick (after the engine has been warmed up) and the solid oil line is on low, but there is a smear all the way up past full... I can do it few times in a row and the same outcome... Could oil pressure have anything to do with oil level? Am i checking the oil level all wrong? My other car has a dry sump system, so usually wait 5-10min after shutting engine off to get accurate measurement.

Thanks!
Car is a 73 with a 440 from a 68
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

BananaDan

I have a 70 440 with a Melling high-pressure pump and I run Valvoline VR1 20W-50.  At idle (warmed up), my stock gauge reads between 50-60 and my new mechanical gauge reads 70-80.  Don't trust the stock gauges.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

euroZ06

So what is each marking on the stock gauge? Mine only has marks, no numbers.
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55